Best 21" (22") flatscreen monitor
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Best 21" (22") flatscreen monitor

Best 21" (22") flatscreen monitor

Im thinking of bying a 21 inch monitor.
    I have been looking at the Samsung 22" (20 viewable) 1200NF because of its flatscreen and its fair price.

I almost spare no expence this time, give me a hint on your experinces and give me some feedback of the best CRT monitor jumbos out there.
    Flatsceen and 21" only of course.

Which brand should i go for?
    Sony
    NEC
    Samsung
    Philips
    Eizo

Very pleased with any hints or replys, thank you.

Peter

I've got a 21" Sony CPD-G500 and it is AWESOME! Best upgrade I've ever made.

The Samsung is a notch above the Mitsubishi 2060U. Also, the BNC inputs are a major plus. The only way to move above that is the highly overpriced, but very good, Sony FS520.

------------------
    Gimme my TriLevel Cache
    Modded Matrox Parhelia 128mb Retail
    AGUIA Y TBRED 1700+@2ghz
    Epox 8K3A+

You know, I've seen some damn long descriptions of where people live, and I was just wondering how freakin' long of a location they actually allow you to write in here. Looks like it's quite a bit. Oh well, if the space is here I'll use it!!! :)
    The 21" and 22" monitors from Iiyama are top notch. Check specs on dot pitch, resolutions, and refresh rates supported, and you'll find there's none better.

Also, from someone that owns a 22" from them, it is beautiful. I've seen several 'workstation' monitors with sony trinitron tubes that didn't come close. I've also seen some good sony tubes. I've never seen a bad mitsu when it was in the iiyama.

Oh, and it's absolutely, without a doubt, perfectly flat. Like, concave flat. Damper wires are very faint on the high quality mitsu tubes, and there is no distortion, fraying, fuzzying, bending, etc. anywhere on the viewable area.

Also, their prices tend to be very favorable when comparing with top of the line Sony models.

------------------
    Those who fear the facts will forever try to discredit the fact finders. - Daniel C. Dennett

--------------

Dual Palomino @ 1.9 GHz
    3 X15 Cheetah's in Raid
    2GB DDR SDRAM CAS 2 @ 400 MHz
    Radeon II
    smokin' crack...
    Off Topic Central - Owned and Operated by HWC members

IMO, Mr. Derek Smart is a hypocrite: Only someone who is either (a) lying (b) ashamed of their products (c) just plain ashamed, would hestitate to give out some simple and straight forward information. - Derek Smart, Ph.D.

Thank you very much for the replys.

Is there a big difference in a 19,8" or a 20" viewable area
    And also big differences in dot pitches between 0,24 and 0,27 or 0,24 and 0,22 like in the Sonys worst CRT

BTW Outside, that's a monster machine you got there, lmao.
    1,9 Ghz and 2 gigs of ram

You know, I've seen some damn long descriptions of where people live, and I was just wondering how freakin' long of a location they actually allow you to write in here. Looks like it's quite a bit. Oh well, if the space is here I'll use it!!! :)
    You won't notice the extra .2" that much, but floorspace is floorspace, and every little bit helps.

BTW, the sig is a dream list... I'm just drooling for the day I can put it together.

------------------
    Those who fear the facts will forever try to discredit the fact finders. - Daniel C. Dennett

--------------

Dual Palomino @ 1.9 GHz
    3 X15 Cheetah's in Raid
    2GB DDR SDRAM CAS 2 @ 400 MHz
    Radeon II
    smokin' crack...
    Off Topic Central - Owned and Operated by HWC members

IMO, Mr. Derek Smart is a hypocrite: Only someone who is either (a) lying (b) ashamed of their products (c) just plain ashamed, would hestitate to give out some simple and straight forward information. - Derek Smart, Ph.D.

Peter22, I have the Samsung SyncMaster 900NF. Have done some gaming and watching DVD's ,color and sharpness is great. As for the two horizontal lines, you can hardly see them. Just love that flat screen. I think you would be very happy with the 1200NF. Mark

------------------
    All good things come to those who wait!!!!
    All good things come to those who wait!!!!

Thread Information