When will GF3 go down in price?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: When will GF3 go down in price?

When will GF3 go down in price?

I was goin to buy a GF2 Pro, but I got my MX working again and decided to wait a while, for a high-end card to come down in price. I would prefer a GF3 (obviously) but how long do you reckon it will be until they drop to below 200??

------------------
    I won't bore you with my system specs..
    I won't bore you with my system specs..

I had a 32mb Geforce2mx and bought a Geforce 2 Pro 32 mb for $114. It gave me up to a 50% improvement over the MX in benchmarks I took, 50% for Unreal Tournament. I was a little upset the card came with 6ns memory opposed to the 5 or 5.5 I was expecting. My top stable setting is 250, 385 memory speed opposed to the 174, 179 memory speed of my geforcemx.

------------------
    Technology increases at a parabolic curve upward.
    Technology increases at a parabolic curve upward.

I reckon they should be about 200 at Xmas, it will be 6 months or so after launch, the market will be ripe, they'll probably be selling the GF3 Ultra then and will also have competition from the other major players and hopefully some titles to better implement the technology of the card. It just feels like it's going to be the best time to get a new card.

Of course, you could just get one now if you think that a 100 saving is worth 4 months gameplay, look at it like your spending 25/month to rent one until Xmas. If that seems too steep then ride out your MX until Santa comes .
    If you've got your money for nothing, who cares if the chicks are free!

You know, I've seen some damn long descriptions of where people live, and I was just wondering how freakin' long of a location they actually allow you to write in here. Looks like it's quite a bit. Oh well, if the space is here I'll use it!!! :)
    They will probably drop in price when the Ati Radeon 8500 hits the shelves at the end of September.

------------------
    Those who fear the facts will forever try to discredit the fact finders. - Daniel C. Dennett

--------------

Dual Palomino @ 1.9 GHz
    3 X15 Cheetah's in Raid
    2GB DDR SDRAM CAS 2 @ 400 MHz
    Radeon II
    smokin' crack...
    Off Topic Central - Owned and Operated by HWC members

IMO, Mr. Derek Smart is a hypocrite: Only someone who is either (a) lying (b) ashamed of their products (c) just plain ashamed, would hestitate to give out some simple and straight forward information. - Derek Smart, Ph.D.

Thread Information