Opinions on ATI All in Wonder Radeon PCI video Card?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Opinions on ATI All in Wonder Radeon PCI video Card?

Opinions on ATI All in Wonder Radeon PCI video Card?

I was just wonder what everyone’s opinion on ATI’s All in wonder Radeon PCI card or AGP for that matter. I have to use the PCI card, but to me makes not too much of a difference because I will not be using it for a gaming card.
    The reason for me wanting some opinions on this piece of hardware is because I will be starting school in the fall and am taking up Multimedia and Web Design. For the multimedia aspect I would like to have a video card that is able to capture video and also be able to export video and possibly be able to record TV shows. The closes thing to this to me was the All in wonder Radeon card. I was wondering if this card is worth the 199.99 that is asked for retail on it. Are the Features good? Is it a stable card? Please give me your opinions.

Dell OptiPlex GX110
    Pentium III 733MHz
    256 MB SDRAM (PC-133)
    40GB Western Digital 7200RPM HDD
    Sound Blaster Live MP3+
    Intel 810e Intergraded Graphics
    3com Performance Pro Modem
    8x4x24 LG CD-RW Drive
    17” Samsung SyncMaster 753df Monitor

forgot to say that I am running windows 2000. Not that should make a big difference. Thakns again.

Jim

I'll also begin my Multimedia course in around 20 days At my first session however, I only begin with text/image works.

The AIW would surely do a good job, but I suggest a Matrox Marvel G400 TV for video editing. It has also a TV tuner and dualhead possible on the TV monitor (importing/exporting video is a breeze). I've been using it for one year with Adobe Premiere 5/6 and Ulead MediaStudio Pro 5 and both worked flawlessly with the G400, and gave darn good results. However, I don't know how the AIW would stack up in the capture/editing department, but it's still a nice multimedia card.

Just my 2 cents...

------------------
    Pentium II 350 MHz
    160mb NEC PC100 SDRAM
    Voodoo3 3000 AGP
    Guillemot MaxiSound Fortissimo
    Windows 98SE

Core i7 2600K @ 4GHz | Noctua NH-C12P SE14 | ASUS Maximus IV GENE-Z | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600 CL9 | Gigabyte GTX 670 OC 2GB | 256GB Crucial m4 | 2TB WD Green | Samsung DVD±RW | Seasonic X 460w Fanless | Fractal Design Define Mini | Windows 7 Ultimate | Dell 2209WA @ 75Hz

Join the HwC Folding@Home team!

Thread Information