Urge to get Radeon growing...
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Urge to get Radeon growing...

Urge to get Radeon growing...

with my new Althon system my G400 is starting to act up (stupid VIA) and i'm in the mood to get a new video card any way.
    i've been looking at the Radeon AIW for a while, but then i relized that all i wanted was the ViVo (although having a TV tuner would be cool) so i've set my sights on a Radeon 64meg ViVo.

my question is, should i hold back till fall time and see what the Radeon2 brings?

------------------
    people that are slow are easy to pass, it's people who drive fast that are hard.

[This message has been edited by drzaius (edited 07-07-2001).]
    people that drive slow are easy to pass, it's people who drive fast that provide a challange.

If you can survive with that G400 then I would hold of, but if you can't, you can always get the RADEON SE 64DDR VIVO and use it for like 6 months till the prices of the RADEON2 are low and upgrade and also sell the RADEON SE after.

i heard someone say the Radeon2's are coming out next week (well atleast the NDA could be off)

true?

------------------
    people that are slow are easy to pass, it's people who drive fast that are hard.
    people that drive slow are easy to pass, it's people who drive fast that provide a challange.

I don't really think so but you could hold of till next week and see. Also the RADEON SE is going to be more then fast for every game that is out right now and it is only $160. I have the RADEON 64DDR VIVO now and I had it for about 6 months and it will run my games for another 4-6 months then I will upgrade to the latest RADEON2. I play every game with everything turned on high at 1024X768 32bit and if that shows slow downs then I go down at 800X600 32Bit but that is only in new games with bump mapping and **** like that. The only thing that I will upgrade is my CPU to 1.5Ghz Palomino. If you have played games with the speed of the G400 at this time then RADEON SE is going to be more then fast for you so my suggestion is get it.

2 questions:

1) are all Radeon 64meg ViVo's 200/200? or do i have to get the RadeonSE version? (are are they in north america now, i thought they were Taiwan only)

2) do you think will the price drop on Radeon1's once the 2's come out?

------------------

Originally posted by drzaius:
    2 questions:

1) are all Radeon 64meg ViVo's 200/200? or do i have to get the RadeonSE version? (are are they in north america now, i thought they were Taiwan only)

2) do you think will the price drop on Radeon1's once the 2's come out?

------------------
    choppy

Mine came 183/183

------------------
    choppy

how long ago was that? and was i retail or OEM?

------------------

Every RADEON 64DDR VIVO that ATI makes are SE and they cost the same as the old core but there are still some old core RADEONs on the market and people might sell you one of them for the SE version. The RADEON SE shows that it is 200Mhz on the box but it does not say SE. To find out more about RADEON SE and were you can get them go here http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdis...e9c&forumid=27 they could help you know for shure when the RADEON2's will be out.

ah yes. good old rage3d.com never thought to ask them about radeons

thanks for the link.

------------------

Thread Information