Who the hell said that P4 systems hold the 3DMark2001 record. - Page 3
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who the hell said that P4 systems hold the 3DMark2001 record.

P4 quite clearly doesnt suck at this bench.
    Not that athlon or palomino does.
    you buy a processor that will give you the best performance for the applications you want to run.
    if you want the best 3dmark2001 scores, and thats all that matters, then get a P4, coz its best at the moment for that sort of thing.
    If its not so important, then get an athlon, and save a bit of money. you could probably bribe madonion.com to post fictional results with the money you saved! 10,000 3d marks

O

------------------
    Everyone makes mistakes.
    I create disasters
    Website

NAGD, are you like 13yrs old or something, because you argue like one. Why you keep driving down a dead end street is beyond me. Give it up man, your AMD isn't going to win this battle.

Oh, and Baloney just gave you a few pics of what real power looks like. Can you feel it?!

I would like to see an AMD system clocked at the same speed as the P4 and then bench them side by side and look at the scores. P4 wouldn't stand a chance. Now if AMD gets their crap together and breaks 1.5 we will start seeing some more impressive results.

------------------
    Duron 900@1000 (100X10)
    256mb PC133 RAM
    Geforce 2 MX 186/200
    10.2 + 2.6 GB HDD's (The 2.6 I bought for $1.48)

/////////////////////
    Don't Tread On Me
    \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
    CPU: Athlon X2 7850 Blackbox edition o/c'd to 3400mhz
    Motherboard: Asus M2N68-AM SE2
    Memory: 4gb Kingston KVR RAM
    Video: BFG Geforce gtx 260 oc v2
    Hard Drives: 1TB Barracuda 7200.12, 500GB WD, 320GB WD, 320GB WD 250GB WD, 250GB Seagate
    Case: APEVIA X-CRUISER-BK Black Steel case
    Power Supply: OCZ 700W StealthXStream Power Supply
    Optical: 22x LG DVD R/W

Time will tell

------------------
    Speed is everything - Warp factor 9, Mr. Sulu!

I was pleased to see the Topic title in this forum. So in answer to your very first and original question: "Who in the hell said that P4 systems hold the 3DMark2001 record?" I believe it was ME!

Look here.... http://discussions.hardwarecentral.c...ML/014308.html

I'm still trying to figure out why my thread didn't start a heated debate. Oh! that's right....I realized the Pentium 4 doeshold the record. Sorry, NAGD but there is no reason to fight this. I do understand where you are coming from though.

Some of the benchmarks resut for 3DMark are just pathetic to show an overclock Intel P4 to beat an Athlon TB.
    Until AMD released their 2 Ghz CPU, it's going to beat the crap out of Intel and maybe the Japanase or whoever will show em' to the world who's more dominance.

------------------
    (o^_^o)

[This message has been edited by Berserker (edited 06-23-2001).]

People don't like to understand the point The point is that the 1.2Ghz Palomino is able to score that high if it is over clocked at almost 1.5Ghz. The Palomino is going to ship in stock speed at 1.5Ghz in one month and people are going to over clock them to 1.7 or 1.8Ghz with air cooling and those P4 are all water cooled at that speed but anyway the 1.7Ghz palomino will kill the 2.3Ghz P4 Now get it or don't but this is the point And one more thing for Baloneyflaps take a look at JC's site and you will see that the Palomino is kicking all the Pentium 3/4 *** in their own bench www.jc-news.com/pc

[This message has been edited by NAGD (edited 06-23-2001).]

Originally posted by brazilnut52:
    I was pleased to see the Topic title in this forum. So in answer to your very first and original question: "Who in the hell said that P4 systems hold the 3DMark2001 record?" I believe it was ME!

Look here.... http://discussions.hardwarecentral.c...ML/014308.html

I'm still trying to figure out why my thread didn't start a heated debate. Oh! that's right....I realized the Pentium 4 doeshold the record. Sorry, NAGD but there is no reason to fight this. I do understand where you are coming from though.

Dude you better look really close and see that their GF3s are clocked at least 260/500 core mem. The top score system had a GF3 at 285/570 core/mem and the buss at 133 = 533 and it is using RDRAM PC800 while that Palomino system was using the stock clocked GF3 with PC1600 not the better one PC2100 DDR RAM All these tweaks done to it and it only got 14003DMarks more Now do you get it????

NAGD you're one funny dude lol

------------------
    Vegetarian stands for Lousy Hunter!
    Vegetarian stands for Lousy Hunter!

another reason why the should have left the 'Off Topic' forum going.

now, when poeple have nothing better to do...they break out here on the normal forums.

NAGD, Only 7066 marks with 1.466GHz

You asked for only 3DMark score and you got ur answer so why u r comparing Athlon with P4.

Well speed isnt everything, for me stability and compatabily comes first. You know what i mean

GoodLuck

At risk of sounding like I'm agreeing with NAGD, I suspect the only reason those top systems are P4s is because none of the guys with nitro cooled 2.2Ghz T-Birds have posted their results (or possibly they don't have GeForce 3s)

He does also have a point that the 1.5G Athlon will be available off the shelf a long time before the 2.2G P4, and I have a strong idea that a 1.5G Palamino will overclock fairly well, we may see P4 loose its current top spot even in the king of biased benches before long

Sorry NAGD but thats as far as I'm backing ya up, the guys are right, for now at least,

P4+GF3=3DMark2K1

------------------
    AHHH, I think my computer's got a Virus!

Oh no, that's Windows 98
    AHHH, I think my computer's got a Virus!

Oh no, that's Windows XP

Chimaera: Twin Athlon MP 1900+ @ 1824Mhz, GeForce 3 TI500, 512Megs Crucial RegECC, 100GB Total HDD, SuSE Linux 7.3 + Windoze XP Pro

I got one question for ALL How many people will have the 2.3Ghz P4 one month from now and how many people will have the 1.5Ghz Palomino one month form now on stock speed???? This is the POINT and please stop referring back to the Title cause that had little to do with he point And about the sounding mature part the thing is that there is a big difference on acting and sound mature and actually being mature

Originally posted by JollyRoger:
    At risk of sounding like I'm agreeing with NAGD, I suspect the only reason those top systems are P4s is because none of the guys with nitro cooled 2.2Ghz T-Birds have posted their results (or possibly they don't have GeForce 3s)

He does also have a point that the 1.5G Athlon will be available off the shelf a long time before the 2.2G P4, and I have a strong idea that a 1.5G Palamino will overclock fairly well, we may see P4 loose its current top spot even in the king of biased benches before long

Sorry NAGD but thats as far as I'm backing ya up, the guys are right, for now at least,

P4+GF3=3DMark2K1

You don't have to agree with me cause you migh, you know, risk of being Imature just like me

Edited to say that yeah P4(nitro OCed)+GF3(nitro OCed)=King but thats not the POINT

Thread Information