diff between OEM and retail of ATI all-in-wonder
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: diff between OEM and retail of ATI all-in-wonder

Hybrid View

diff between OEM and retail of ATI all-in-wonder

is there any differences? in either software or hardware?

------------------
    people that are slow are easy to pass, it's people who drive fast that are hard.
    people that drive slow are easy to pass, it's people who drive fast that provide a challange.

the diff between oem and retail is, oem is used by computer retailers that make their own systems, and retail is bought at a store seperatly. the main diff is that one has a box and the other one dont. if the card comes with games you probably wont get them with oem ither
    duron 800@900 - asus a7v - 640mb pc133 - radeon 8500le 128mb - sb live - 16x dvd-rom - 48x24x48 burner

Do some research. ATI has a habit of selling OEMs that are clocked slower. The better chips go to the retail versions. I know that was true of the Rage 128 cards, dunno about the Radeons although I do remember seeing something about that over at http://www.hardocp.com/ a while back.
    1.Old Antec Case, Asus PC-DL, 2 x 1.6 LV D1 Xeons @ 3 GHz, 2GB Corsair PC3200 @ 200 MHz, Chaintech 6800 128MB AGP

2. Old Crap Beige Case, Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2H, Core i3 530, 4GB CL8 OCZ DDR3-1600, eVGA GTX465

3. Asus Pundit mATX Case, MSI AMD Zacate E350/dual core E350IS-E45 mini-ITX, 4GB CL9 Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1333, LG Blu Ray/HD DVD & DVD Burner

do you guys know what software comes with it? if any?
    this is more directed at people who actully have bought either an OEM version or retail.

i don't really care about the extra 17mhz that i could get by getting a retail (if this is true)

------------------
    people that are slow are easy to pass, it's people who drive fast that are hard.
    people that drive slow are easy to pass, it's people who drive fast that provide a challange.

i found out what software it comes with (from sharky) VideoEditor 4.0, MerlinVR, and Mediator 5.0.

im really only interested in the videoeditor 4, is it a good program? i already have MGI VideoWave3.

------------------

[This message has been edited by drzaius (edited 06-09-2001).]

Thread Information