How is this video card?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: How is this video card?

How is this video card?

Leadtek GeForce2 Ultra? The price has dropped over $60 in the past month and it's becoming a viable option for me (if the performance and quality is top notch and it's stable). Tell me what you think everyone! Thanks!

I know the GeForce 2 Ultra is a great card!! One of the best and fastest for 3d. Not sure exactally how the leadtek is but I think all gf2 ultra cards are great!!

A review comparing differnet geforce 2 ultras can be found at http://www.rivastation.com/gf2ultras_e.htm

The intro is kinda lame but its a good review.

[This message has been edited by stevenb486 (edited 06-04-2001).]
    The specs of my life, I mean computer:
    Athlon 950MHz slot
    MSI K7-Pro
    2x128MB PC100
    WD 30GB 7200RPM ATA100
    Visiontek Geforce2-gts
    SBL 5.1
    Linksys 10/100
    Sony 19" Moniter
    Win XP

This is a great card. My dad has one and I'm hot on his heels trying to get me one when the price gets right. How much are you finding them for? I think Leadtek is supposed to be about the best in GeForce 2 cards. He has the same MB as me but a AMD 1.33 Gig. CPU with 512 Mgs of PC133. His BenchMark 2000 Scores are over 9400. The drivers for the card has built in over clocking so you can clock it as little or as much as you like. In Soldier Of Fortune His Ultra whips my VooDoo 5 5500 bad. My graphics are as good but his frame rate is two or three times as much as mine. Lets go shopping.

------------------
    Abit KT7A-Raid MB
    Windows ME
    AMD 1.2 Athlon 266
    Western Digital 20 Gig 7200 rpm 100 ATA
    Golden Orb Fan
    384 Mg PC133 Ram
    Sound Blaster X-Gamer
    Live 5.1
    Voodoo 5 5500
    H.P. 9350I CD Writer
    Pioneer DVD-106s
    US Robotics 56k Modem
    KDS AV-195TF 19" Monitor
    Soon to be running Raid

Thanks everyone for the replies.

Steven- thanks for that very informative site!

lwa- www.mwave.com is offering the Leadtek GeForce2 Ultra for $245 right now. I'm not sure if that is a reasonable price or not (anyone??) but I've kept my eye on this product for a few months now when the original price was around $300. I haven't heard anything bad about this card and I'm seriously thinking about getting one. I'm just curious what kind of Benchmark 2000 scores you get on your rig? That is a really sweet setup. I bet once you slap in that ultra you will see a really big diference in preformance. Also, has you dad had any stability problems with his Ultra? Also, do you feel that that quality of your graphics is better than you dad's ultra? Thanks again everone!

Thread Information