Elsa GeForce 256
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Elsa GeForce 256

Elsa GeForce 256

I bought an Elsa GeForce 256 used from a guy and it seems to be FUBAR. First I tried it in my kids PC which is were I intended it to go. It had a VooDoo3 3000 in it and I uninstalled everything and slaped in the geforce. Everything looked fine until I tried any 3D games locks up imidiately. I figured there was some left over conflicts with 3DFX and Glide so I installed it in my PC A Soyo 6BA+4 BX board that has only had my Geforce2 GTS on it. Same thing locks up in 3D games. I am using 6.49 drivers on both PC's the main game i'm testing with is UT. I have used safe mode and disabled most everything but it still locks up like it's over heating. It looks like it has the original heatsink/fan on it and appears to have never been messed with.

I am using just the nVidia drivers not the ones from Elsa. My brother owned an Elsa Geforce 256 card and used nVidia reference drivers with his card with no troubles.

Any idea's on what else to try?
    KilrB's PC
    Abit NF7-S Rev2
    XP2100+ @ 200x11.5 2300Mhz
    512MB Corsair XMS Platnium PC3200 Ultra Low Latency CAS222
    Tyan Tachyon G9700 Pro w/Zalman ZM80a-HP Heatpipe
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

"Fat, Drunk and Stupied is now way to go threw life Son!" Quote: Dean Wormer.... Animal House

It's a long shot as you've tried it on two boards but the Geforce 1 cards required the full power from the AGP slot that the specifications allowed. Unfortunately not all mobos could achieve this. Just check what the VIO volts are and if it is less than 3.5v set it this, (if you can), and try it again. I had lock-ups with my CLAP until I upped this to 3.6volts back when I had an Abit BF6

Geforce FAQ

I looked in the BIOS and it looks like the VIO is 3.45 not sure if I was reading the correct one or not, but my mother board doesn't have an option to change this it would appear. I have the Vcore upped to 1.85 for the processor, but i'm not overclocking at the moment.

Here is what Sandra says my voltages are:
    CPU core 1.86v
    Aux Voltage 1.49v
    +3.3V voltage 3.47
    +5V voltage 4.84
    +12V voltage 12.34
    -12V voltage -11.87
    -5V voltage -5.15
    +5 Standyby voltage 4.97
    battery 3.09

I went to Geforce FAQ and didn't find out much that i haven't already tried for this type of problem.

Thanks
    KilrB's PC
    Abit NF7-S Rev2
    XP2100+ @ 200x11.5 2300Mhz
    512MB Corsair XMS Platnium PC3200 Ultra Low Latency CAS222
    Tyan Tachyon G9700 Pro w/Zalman ZM80a-HP Heatpipe
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

"Fat, Drunk and Stupied is now way to go threw life Son!" Quote: Dean Wormer.... Animal House

Thread Information