Voodoo Banshee
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Voodoo Banshee

Voodoo Banshee

Does anyone know if the Voodoo Banshee has any reference drivers for Win2k? And where to get them if they exist? I know it's an old card, but it's for my 2nd system.. it's all I got extra, and I don't wanna spend any more money on it. I have the diamond monster fusion.

The 3dfx site used to have a Beta version posted, but apon checking again, I can't see them listed anymore.

I'd tried using them once with my Guillemot Maxi Gamer Phoenix (ie, Banshee) but they never worked. Win2k display was a mess, so I ended up going back to Win98SE, which was a real shame.

I don't think we're ever gonna see full version Win2k reference drivers for the Banshee. I did try using another brands Win2k drivers, but I experienced the same problem.

------------------
    Hardware Central Members Gallery
    hwc-membersgallery.20m.com

Submit your photos!
    HWC_MembersGallery@bigfoot.com

Actually when I installed win2k, I was surprised that it actually detected my banshee. Right after booting up for the first time, I checked the video settings and it said the driver used is for 3dfx banshee. But when i tried to run unreal tournament, an error message would come up saying I'm missing glidex.dll or something in certain locations (winnt\system, winnt\system32, winnt, etc). Click OK and the game launches in a window.. but not full screen. Oh well.

Thread Information