Anyone seen these Radeon SE pics yet....?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Anyone seen these Radeon SE pics yet....?

Anyone seen these Radeon SE pics yet....?

...I'm guessin' the answer is "probably", since lots of HWC peeps visit www.rage3d.com.

Anyway...

Cool, huh? Here's the site link: http://www.pcpop.com/readnews.asp?no=4041

Looks like it's got some kind of heat distributer on the back. If this is simply an aluminium plate I'd be very interested to see how effective it is, because at the moment the RAMsinks on the back of my Radeon get in the way of a DIMM socket. If it worked well (not really sure exactly how it's supposed to work though!) then I'd make one up out of curiosity.

Your thoughts?

Mufu.

P.S. Bring on the Radeon II BTW!

Opteron 144@2.8GHz (stock HS/fan), Asus A8N-SLI SE (passive NB), 1.5GB RAM (2:3:2:5, 2T), WD Raptor 740GD 74GB, Maxtor DM10 300GB, Asus EN7600GT SILENT@???, M-Audio Revo 7.1, Nebula DigiTV, Dell 2005FPW, Enermax 431W Active.

ati have already said they are not doing a radeon se on a official press release and why would they with the radeon 2 out in summer also if u look at the ram sinks on the top of the card the look like they are a old voodoo3 2000 heatsink cut up (only because i did this)the ram sinks are not even put on stright fake if u ask me

------------------
    go to http://pub24.ezboard.com/bultrabytecomputingforum
    allways happy to help

I thought the RII was out in Q4 (Oct?). They've put back the target date a couple of times haven't they? I dunno...

Anyway, I was just curious as to that plate on the back. Presuming the pic is genuine, how would such an addition work? Hmmm...

Put those heatsinks together and you get a rectangle. The V3 heatsink is square isn't it? Fake? I really have no idea...

MuFu.
    Opteron 144@2.8GHz (stock HS/fan), Asus A8N-SLI SE (passive NB), 1.5GB RAM (2:3:2:5, 2T), WD Raptor 740GD 74GB, Maxtor DM10 300GB, Asus EN7600GT SILENT@???, M-Audio Revo 7.1, Nebula DigiTV, Dell 2005FPW, Enermax 431W Active.

do not know when it is finaly released the radeon 2 but it was summer also if u use a saw u can cut the v 3 2000 heatsink up it makes goos ram sticks

------------------
    go to http://pub24.ezboard.com/bultrabytecomputingforum
    allways happy to help

Could be fake. But I have to say, I'm dissapointed with all of you as far as reasoning goes.

I'd like to concentrate on that aluminum heat spreader. That thing 'looks' professionally made at first glance, but take a second look. The ram chip outlines are etched into the top of the plate, probably used as design guides. The factory finish of the plate is also marred by random machining scratches, mostly in the thin diagonal section. Notice also the custom punching for all three capacitors. Normally for a part like this you would punch it in one go, no machining required.

I rather believe this is someone who had the same problem as Mutha Funker as far as DIMM slots go, and decided to compromise. Of course the heat spreader works, its increasing the overall surface area of the ram by at least 4x.

------------------
    This signature space FOR SALE
    This signature space FOR SALE

Thread Information