fingerprints on monitor..
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: fingerprints on monitor..

fingerprints on monitor..

Yes, I already got finger prints on my 19incher, and it is only 2 months old. How can I clean this?? The fingerprints are annoying. will water be bad? I don't want to use anything that will ruin the screen.

thank you

semidevl
    come and join this informative computer forum covering a wide range of topics

http://www.gade202.net/wwwboard/index.php

A damp rag won't hurt.

windolene? (window cleaner) should work okay, maybe be careful about getting it on plastic tho, but i shouldnt think it would damage it at all

------------------
    Everyone makes mistakes.
    I create disasters

Make sure the cleaner doesn't contain Ammonia, as that will destroy your anti-reflective coating.

------------------
    Gimme my TriLevel Cache
    Modded Matrox Parhelia 128mb Retail
    AGUIA Y TBRED 1700+@2ghz
    Epox 8K3A+

I don't do anything but breathe on my monitor and then wipe it with a spectacle cloth.

I wouldn't use any other type of cleaner in fear of damaging the anti-reflective coating.

I am constantly cleaning my monitor as I cannot stand ANYTHING being on it (dust, fingerprints), so I can't really use a cleaner.

------------------
    AMD Duron 800@1000 (7.5x133MHz)
    128Mb 133MHz RAM
    Abit KT7a RAID
    2x 8.4GB in RAID 0
    Elsa GeForce2MX 32Mb SDR
    ------------------
    "How much can you know about yourself if you've never been in a fight?"
    Main PC: A64 3200+ | 1024MB Kingston RAM (Dual Channel) | WD 160GB | Seagate SATA 160GB w/NCQ | Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe | Connect3D ATi X800XL Pci-E | Coolermaster ATC-710 case | Antec NeoPower 480w PSU | Toshiba 27wl46 27" TFT

HwC member's gallery - Upload your picture here

Team HwC Folding@Home results - Find out how to sign up here!

I use Nilglass (by Nilco) which is a mild alcohol/sprit based glass cleaner used by the double glazing trade. I'm also like CenturionStrategy in that I have to have a mark free screen at all times. I'm constantly cleaning my monitor and have not damaged the anti-reflective coating at all yet in 1 years of using this product.

Avoid the "polish" type glass cleaners like Mer or anything that leaves a residue to wipe off, as these contain mild abrasives that will in time damage the surface.

Also make sure the cloth you wipe it with doesn't "scratch" or have any contamination. I just use a soft kitchen paper roll.

Pick up some "electronic cleaning" spray. It works well on for any electronics that have accumulated dust/dirt and won't damage any of their sensitive components. Works great on my monitors too!

------------------
    The bigger your hard drive, the sooner you'll need to add more space!
    XP 1700
    WBK38 w/Sanyo Denko 92MM fan
    Asus A7V133 rev7
    256PC133
    Quantum 7200 ATA-100 20GB
    Fujitsu 5400 ATA-66 10GB
    SB Live MP3+ 5.1
    Creative Annihilator 2 GeForce2 GTS 32MB
    CTX 21"

i use eyeglass lens cleaner made by nanofilm corp, it is found at wal-mart... i have a question about the product, it hasn't hurt my monitor yet, but i haven't used it alot either, i have had the product ever since i bought my first eye glasses about 6 years ago, but don't use it alot, but it seems to work fine i wonder tho if is hurting my moniotr it has isoprpanol

------------------
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein

Thread Information