Dual video cards possible in Win2K pro?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Dual video cards possible in Win2K pro?

Dual video cards possible in Win2K pro?

Hello all!

Okay, I'm a greedy type of person who wants to put two video cards into one machine. I'm not talking about an add-on card or anything, but having two full-fledged 3D accelerators in my machine. Basically, have one main AGP video card for the D3D and OpenGL API's, and put another PCI video card (Voodoo 5 5500 PCI) into another slot for Glide. Is there a program that would let me switch back between the two display devices? And if this is possible and requires some sort of external switching box then so be it! If it does, could anyone direct me to a place that sells it? Hmmmmm, maybe it would be easier to just pay someone to do this come to think of it... nah. Thanks to all who read and/or reply!

------------------
    P3 800eb
    Radeon 32 DDR
    512 MB Crucial 2-2-2 RAM
    30 GB 7200 Quantum LM
    15 GB 5400 Quantum lct
    Asus CUSL2 mobo
    SB Live Platinum
    Creative DTT 2500
    Creative 52x
    Linksys 10/100 NIC
    P3 800eb
    Radeon 32 DDR
    512 MB Crucial 2-2-2 RAM
    30 GB 7200 Quantum LM
    15 GB 5400 Quantum lct
    Asus CUSL2 mobo
    SB Live Platinum
    Creative DTT 2500
    Creative 52x
    Linksys 10/100 NIC

You can put 2 video cards in Win2k just fine. Most people do it so they can use Win2k's built in dual monitor support but your idea should work too. You would have to go into the game and change the display adapter it uses back and forth between your 2 cards. Then would you selected the card you want you would have to change the monitor cable from one video card to the other. I dont really see why you would want to do it though because I dont see glide getting any more popularity in the future.

Thread Information