diamond viper 550
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: diamond viper 550

diamond viper 550

I dont know if you have had many queries about this card But here goes. I picked this card up for 20 off QXL last week, i thought it was a bargin. (16mg TNT NVIDIA) I install it and everything at first looks fine, the card installs smoothley, i run counter strike, and its fine, excellent FPS. I try to run Quake 2 and when I change from software mode to OPEN GL mode the puter quickly locks up.

My computer now seems very unstable I get the blue screen of death just about everytime I use my PC. I have installed the latest drivers but I havent been able to create a bootdisk to flash the cards bios as I havent got a FLOPPY DRIVE!! Any ideas?? help appreciated
    -pyle

I have also found to other annoying problems, I cant run my WIN TV card no more

and my start menu opens up when i click anywhere on the desktop say 2 inches above the toolbar.

ok....gonna try my darndest to help you here....keep in mind it has been a long while since i had a Viper of any sort...or any Diamond card for that matter...here goes.

The best thing to do is try a fresh install of your OS to clear any conflictions you may be hitting. as far as your WinTV card not working, i don't have much to say on that one, i never owned one, so i am stumped there. now the next thing...which drivers are you using? Diamonds drivers, or Detonator drivers? i would suggest the Detonators. i think i used to use the 5.13's in my TNT days. if you are using the Diamond drivers, then the reason that the start menu opens when you press the mouse button anyone on the desktop is that Diamond has that implimented into thier drivers. can't remember what they call it...think it might be InControl Tools or something like that. anyways, that can be disabled....i think with the right click button, there may be a way to disable that. try this stuff out, hope something works for you. good luck.

I found out my Win TV problem... the card came out, hehe. But thats fine now. The card will run Counter Strike near perfect, & unreal T, no problem. I have disabled the option that makes the start menu popping up, that seems to have stopped all the crashes that I was having. All I have to do now is sort Quake 2 out. When I have some extra time, ill re-install Windows.

So thanks for your help monkapotomus, its appreciated!!

Glad things worked out for you

Thread Information