3dProphet II mx DDV Probs..
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: 3dProphet II mx DDV Probs..

3dProphet II mx DDV Probs..

As all you know DDV stands for Dual Display Video.. well now i got that over and done with, i bought one the other week, took all the usual precautions etc when installing, (installed onto a AX63 Pro MoBo) -ps is that a good board?, i got it middle of last year. anyway this board was a dud and i finally got my replacement yesterday,now, can this card do anybetter than 800x600 in clone mode?, i mean if i want to play games through the tv, even jus random things throught it,at the moment i have to resise my desktop screen to 800x600 to get stuff centred on the screen, dunno bout you but this is really gay, i mean whats the ****ing deal who uses 800x600 anymore, even with my old TNT2 i ran **** in 1024x768, (i mean who in their right mind has their desktop at anything below 1024x768?, really?) and if this board cant even do that i'll be disapointed, p.s. heres my specs

MoBo: Aopen AX63 Pro
    Vid: Hurcules 3dProphet MX 2 DDV
    Snd: SB Live! + 2 Subs + 4 Sattelites
    CD: 8x Creative + 8x4x32x LG CDW-R
    Mon: LG 17in
    + some other useless crap
    any help would be life saving, otherwise i'll chuck it out, jus cos its annoying

------------------
    - what do you mean u think my cars ****, i know... i know
    Asus AGP 7100 T series
    asus a7v 133 MoBo
    1.2Ghz@1.2Ghz
    SB Live! Value
    Lg 17in Mon
    2x subs and 4x sats
    Lg burner

You Touched a Girls Butt?, thats where cooties come from!

oops i forgot to mention, i can run it on 1024x768 on my monitor, its the tv i cant get higher res than 800x600, is this usual?, or is somthing in my setup wrong?, this sucks donkey knobs, anyone had this same problem?, im running the video through the s-video thingii into composite RCA, p.s the manual says somthing bout a protection cct. hows that work?, oh yeah before i forget, the settings for the output to tv, NTSC, PAL I PAL B etc, whats the one for AUSTRALIA?, There isn't one there For people like me?, this card is more effort than i thought,someone reply please!! cheers.
    PS THE THING I WANT TO POINT OUT THE MOST IS THERES NO GODDAM FAN ON THIS THING, WHY NOT?, MY TNT2 HAD ONE THIS ONE DOESN'T IT DOEST EVEN HAVE A POWER OUTPUT FOR ONE, ANYONE WITH THIS SAME CARD HAVE ONE?,
    "HURCULES 3DPROPHET II MX DDV"
    ------------------

[This message has been edited by kegsley (edited 02-18-2001).]

[This message has been edited by kegsley (edited 02-18-2001).]
    Asus AGP 7100 T series
    asus a7v 133 MoBo
    1.2Ghz@1.2Ghz
    SB Live! Value
    Lg 17in Mon
    2x subs and 4x sats
    Lg burner

Cummon people some reply!!!, im Getting pissed off this sux

------------------
    Asus AGP 7100 T series
    asus a7v 133 MoBo
    1.2Ghz@1.2Ghz
    SB Live! Value
    Lg 17in Mon
    2x subs and 4x sats
    Lg burner

It's normal: Only big-*** 71" TVs could do 1024x768 with shielded cable, and I think only Matrox cards allow this resolution on TV. 800x600 may be bad on a monitor, but it's good on a TV. I need to put my desktop and games at 640x480 when I use the TV-Out on my V3.If the picture is fuzzy at 800x600, you may even need ot put it in 640x480, and like all TV-Outs, the monitor needs to be at the same resolution as the TV.

As for the Australia TV setting, I'm not sure but I think it's NTSC.

Core i7 2600K @ 4GHz | Noctua NH-C12P SE14 | ASUS Maximus IV GENE-Z | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600 CL9 | Gigabyte GTX 670 OC 2GB | 256GB Crucial m4 | 2TB WD Green | Samsung DVD±RW | Seasonic X 460w Fanless | Fractal Design Define Mini | Windows 7 Ultimate | Dell 2209WA @ 75Hz

Join the HwC Folding@Home team!

TV's dont have high res like monitors do, that is why you cant get above 800x600
    duron 800@900 - asus a7v - 640mb pc133 - radeon 8500le 128mb - sb live - 16x dvd-rom - 48x24x48 burner

Regular T.V.'s won't display 800X600 resolution, high definition T.V.'s will. If you want to spend another $5000+ you can buy a high def T.V. to compliment your $100 video card.

thanks for that, also i want to know about the fan, shouldn't there be one?

and the protection cct, why cant i hook it up to a vcr?, the quote from the manual goes,

"please note that this product incorporates a macrovision copyright protection cct so that direct conection to a vcr or other recording device will render dvd playback im possible"

anyone know a way round this or if this is an empty threat, cos its got me stumped.
    so
    no. 1 Should ther be a fan?
    No. 2 whats the deal with the protection cct, and how can i get round it,
    No. 3 while i remember, Australia runs off PAL, not NTSC, i jus dont know which PAL setting to have them on theres too many different types

[This message has been edited by kegsley (edited 02-19-2001).]
    Asus AGP 7100 T series
    asus a7v 133 MoBo
    1.2Ghz@1.2Ghz
    SB Live! Value
    Lg 17in Mon
    2x subs and 4x sats
    Lg burner

ok, somone tell me please...., what setting do i use for optimum performance in AUSTRALIA, and please, no one say use NTSC, ITS not NTSC here!, tis PAL, im Only confused why theres no Australia - PAl setting in my config, only every other country u can think of, anyway thanks, either way if you can remember, and u use PAL, whats the setting you use for dual display (for your tv), eg. PAL - M etc. for a sec i had the tv displaying 1024x768, so don't say its not possible, i jus reinstalled without noticing which drivers i had installed , anyway Cheers in Advanced,
    p.s. if you don't know please don't bother answering please, it makes people think that the problems solved when its not...., thanks

------------------
    Asus AGP 7100 T series
    asus a7v 133 MoBo
    1.2Ghz@1.2Ghz
    SB Live! Value
    Lg 17in Mon
    2x subs and 4x sats
    Lg burner

Thread Information