Weird display problems with new G450
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Weird display problems with new G450

Weird display problems with new G450

Hi everyone...
    I've been using G400 cards on 3 machines with no problems for the past year. I just installed a new G450 card on a machine at work to replace an ATI Rage Turbo Pro card. It appeared to install correctly... but when I run Photoshop 5, the display becomes garbled and stays that way until I reboot. This machine is a homebuilt P3-600E@630 running on a Soyo 7VCA (VIA) mobo. This happens with both the installation CD drivers (dated 8/2000) and the newest drivers I downloaded from Matrox (dated Jan 2001... 6.23?) I've never seen this happen before. Are there any issues with the G450 and VIA? My 3 G400 cards have been rock solid from the start, so I'm a bit surprised. Can anyone point me in the right direction here? I've removed the G450 for now and re-installed the ATI card, but I'd like to get it going.... thanks.

Dennis

Make sure to use the latest BIOS for your mobo. Reinstalling Windows is the best bet when installing a new vid card. Try and see if that works.

------------------
    Gimme my TriLevel Cache
    Modded Matrox Parhelia 128mb Retail
    AGUIA Y TBRED 1700+@2ghz
    Epox 8K3A+

I may give that a try when I have time...

Another thought occurred to me...

my BIOS reported 4X AGP. I've never had much luck running _stably_ at that rate. I'll try AGP Switch or a similar utility to force it to AGP 2X and see what happens...

Thread Information