GeForce3's already out!!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: GeForce3's already out!!

GeForce3's already out!!

Go to :
    http://www.apple.com/powermac/graphics.html

The newest G4's have GeForce3's availble as a factory install option. Some info is as follows:

Heads-up to serious gamers
    The most advanced graphics processor on the planet will be available for the Mac first. Apple has partnered with NVIDIA to bring you the next-generation 3D graphics processing unit (GPU) before anybody else gets their hands on it. An astonishing feat of engineering, the GeForce3 GPU has more than 57 million transistors, and will perform more than 800 billion operations per second ó and 76 billion floating point operations per second (FLOPS). Code-named the NV20, the NVIDIA GeForce3 GPU will be ready for action in the late March-early April timeframe. Itís yet another indication that Macintosh is surging ahead as the serious gamerís platform of choice.

Now I just need one for my PC.

Also check for more confirmation:
    http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/ne...688610,00.html

and
    http://www.nvidia.com/products.nsf/geforce3_mac.html

[This message has been edited by MrGrim (edited 02-22-2001).]

Ummmmmmmmm.... Jumping off the Empire State building into a large bowl of warm semolina is far more likely in my mind than ever buying a Mac system for gaming use

i cant belive they actually called it the geforce 3

------------------
    Visit my website!
    look for me on AIM as gosanjose or on ICQ as #46997155

Only $600.00! I'm going to miss a couple of months rent to get a new video card. That is more than I paid for my computer!

Yeah that is a large price tag for a video card alone. I hope it drops in price soon after release its release.

XBox is a gaming console. So it is not expensive compared to a PC. Hence a "low" price for the graphic chipset.

Do you think that PC users pay a very high price for GF3 to allow the Nvidia graphic chipset (and the XBox) to sell at a low price?

Does it mean we PC users pay for gamers console to allow them to buy their XBox at a low price?

------------------
    Games, games and only games
    Games, games and only games

No, I dont think of it like that. I think nVidia will charge a high price for the first quarter or so for the GeForce3 because some people will buy it. Like in any business nVidia wants to make money, and hardcore gamers and nVidia fans will buy the card at that high price. Then the price will start to drop as the demand goes down.

Thread Information