The Best GeForce 2 ULTRA = ?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: The Best GeForce 2 ULTRA = ?

The Best GeForce 2 ULTRA = ?

I am looking for a new graphics card.
    Please let me know what card (sporting the GeForce 2 ULTRA and 6mb DDR) is the best quality and performance.
    Forget about how much it may cost.

It shouldnt really matter all that much. But if I were you I would wait a week or two for the new geforce to come out, then the prices should drop.

If cost is not a factor as such but performance and image quality are then try to contain yourself for three weeks or so and get a Geforce 3. It should be a bit faster than the Ultra and will support many new DX8 features. Hopefully it wont have the "Rolling Lines" problem that many Ultra users are suffering. This problem with the Ultra still has no solution and as NV20 release nears it looks doubtful there will ever be one.

Check THIS thread for more details on the "Rolling Lines"

Go with an Inno3D Geforce 2 Pro, yes I said PRO. I've heard nothing but good things about these cards on the Madonion boards. Most of them will handle speeds in excess of 230mhz(core)/500mhz(memory) stably without any rolling lines! Do yourself, your pc, and your wallet a favor and pick one of these up! There's no need to go with an overpriced Ultra when one of these babies can do better!
    My Guitar Hero 2 Xbox Live Ranking
    Main Rig (click this link for specs)
    Certified in: Nothing at all!
    Certifiable: 100% hands-on, real-world experience

to answer your question, the Elsa Gladiac GF2U is the best. It's edge over the Annihilator is it's extra goodies.

Thread Information