Help me help my freind
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Help me help my freind

Help me help my freind

I need to know if my freind is making a mistake or not. he has currently purchased a voodoo3 3000 from an aucition site and is now selling his Diamond Stealth III S540 Xtreme 32mb AGP. Which is better?
    Also he is bidding on a Voodoo5 5500. Should he bother. Should he keep his Diamond Stealth III S540 Xtreme 32mb AGP??
    Thanks

I am not a gamer but he should be aware that he will not be getting any reliable support for the Voodoo's , since the company is history.
    Forgot to mention, Diamond is history as well. It is now SonicBlue and literally next to no support there either.

------------------
    Cheers.

[This message has been edited by Shinma (edited 02-18-2001).]
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Go for the Voodoos...even with no support, the current drivers are excellent. He won't be disappointed. How many times do you visit a manufacturers support page after you have a piece of hardware up and working properly? You get it working, then forget about it, unless of course you're one of the ones that have to tweak everything 'til it blows up. Then the manufacturer's support isn't going to help you anyways. I get 110fps in Q3A @ 1024x768/16 with everything HQ and practically everything turned on. That's with a PIII 800 oc'ed to 920, 256mb PC-133 CL-2 RAM, and a V5 5500 that hasn't been tweaked at all. Good luck.

BTW...graphics are stunning with the Voodoos. Never mind the fact that they will work with every game known to man. Most games have to be patched to render them playable for many other cards...not voodoos.

Thread Information