Problems with Det 6.50
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Problems with Det 6.50

Problems with Det 6.50

I havent noticed it in games yet, but alot of my screensavers and winamp plugins are no longer usable after "upgrading" from 6.31 to 6.50. The screen flashes and tears badly. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem? Also, does anyone know the specifics on changes made between these two versions? Performance wise i cant tell any difference, but the registry entries are very strange and my system has developed a huge memory leak. That may be a coincidence, but this has been the only change made lately, and i get out of memory errors very frequently now. So post any problems you have here, and if anyone can help me with the memory thing, that would be a great help.

------------------
    Athlon 650@750 / Giga-Byte GA-71XE / 192 MB PC-115 2-2-2 / Elsa Erazor X2 32MB DDR @ 140/340 / SoundBlaster Live Value / IBM Deskstar 10 GB and Quantum Fireball CX13.0A 13 GB / Mitsumi FX4820T!B/ Microsoft USB Trackball Optical
    Athlon 650@750 / Giga-Byte GA-71XE / 192 MB PC-115 2-2-2 / Elsa Erazor X2 32MB DDR @ 140/340 / SoundBlaster Live Value / IBM Deskstar 10 GB and Quantum Fireball CX13.0A 13 GB / Mitsumi FX4820T!B/ Microsoft USB Trackball Optical

I've e-mailed you some 6.50 beta drivers that are much better than the official release. These may help to fix your problems and I've found them to be top notch performance wise. Hope you find them useful. I'm using an old Irongate board which I believe yours is also so you should see similar results. The official 6.50's nearly trashed my system so I understand.

[This message has been edited by 23skidoo (edited 02-17-2001).]

Thread Information