Hardware T&L demos.
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hardware T&L demos.

Hardware T&L demos.

Hey can anyone point me to some T&L demos I'd really like to see what my card is capable of doing with t&l enabled. I'm running a 32DDR Radeon for refernce if that matters on any of the T&L demos. Any help is appreciated. =)

------------------
    You should have killed me when you had the chance.
    Your mistake.
    Your mistake.

go to www.nvidia.com there's a number of demos there. i'm not sure if ATI has any, but i think if they did they wouldn't work on a geforce.

------------------
    cel 566@900, Kyro and SDRAM GOOD. P3 1.13gig, GTSultra 64meg/V5 6k and RDRAM BAD.
    people that drive slow are easy to pass, it's people who drive fast that provide a challange.

I've tried quite a few of the NVidia demos on my Radeon:

Grove - works.
    Isle Of Morg - works with anomalies.
    Reflection Pool - works (amazing!).
    Pond - doesn't work.
    Crystal Ball - doesn't work.
    X-Isle - doesn't work (but man, you should see it when it does.... pheewwwwwweeee!!!!).
    GTS Experience - Works with anomalies.
    Lightning - doesn't work.

You could also try Quake3 (uses T&L through OpenGL) and Evolva. The cubic-environment mapping in Colin McRae Rally 2 is also pretty special. MadOnion's 3DMARK also uses T&L in it's sweet-looking demos, as well as environment bump-mapping.

Hope this helps,

MuFu.

[This message has been edited by Mutha Funker (edited 02-01-2001).]
    Opteron 144@2.8GHz (stock HS/fan), Asus A8N-SLI SE (passive NB), 1.5GB RAM (2:3:2:5, 2T), WD Raptor 740GD 74GB, Maxtor DM10 300GB, Asus EN7600GT SILENT@???, M-Audio Revo 7.1, Nebula DigiTV, Dell 2005FPW, Enermax 431W Active.

...oh yeah. I think NVidia do a special Q3 level that makes extensive use of EBM and T&L.

Have fun,

MuFu.
    Opteron 144@2.8GHz (stock HS/fan), Asus A8N-SLI SE (passive NB), 1.5GB RAM (2:3:2:5, 2T), WD Raptor 740GD 74GB, Maxtor DM10 300GB, Asus EN7600GT SILENT@???, M-Audio Revo 7.1, Nebula DigiTV, Dell 2005FPW, Enermax 431W Active.

Does Gothic Chapel work on the Radeon?

------------------
    Your mistake.
    Your mistake.

You know, I've seen some damn long descriptions of where people live, and I was just wondering how freakin' long of a location they actually allow you to write in here. Looks like it's quite a bit. Oh well, if the space is here I'll use it!!! :)
    I seriously doubt that NVidia's special QIII level makes use of EMBM, since none of their cards are capable of doing it. Would be cool on a Radeon though.

------------------
    Those who fear the facts will forever try to discredit the fact finders. - Daniel C. Dennett
    Off Topic Central - Owned and Operated by HWC members

IMO, Mr. Derek Smart is a hypocrite: Only someone who is either (a) lying (b) ashamed of their products (c) just plain ashamed, would hestitate to give out some simple and straight forward information. - Derek Smart, Ph.D.

I have tried every one of those demos as they were sent to me on cd no problems with any of them.they all look coooool on a 64meg ultra.

Thunderbird 900
    Elsa Erazor 64
    128 sdram
    First Mainboard mobo

however fast it is today
    it will be faster tomorrow
    AMD 64 Dual Core
    Asus M2A-VM
    2 Gig DDR 400
    XFX6600gt
    500w PSU
    O/S Win 7

Computers aint clever. They just think they are.

You know, I've seen some damn long descriptions of where people live, and I was just wondering how freakin' long of a location they actually allow you to write in here. Looks like it's quite a bit. Oh well, if the space is here I'll use it!!! :)
    u8myufo, I'd have been really surprised (to the point I wouldn't believe it) if any NVidia demo's had a problem running on the Ultra.

Still, I seriously doubt NVidia put EMBM in a QIII level, since they don't have a product to showcase the textures on.

I just tried a few more NVidia demo's on my Radeon, and was surprised how few of them ran. I could have swore my success rate when trying them two months ago was better than 50%, and now it's more like 20%. Either NVidia updated their demo's so us Radeon people can't enjoy them anymore, or the newest ATi drivers are causing more compatibility conflicts (more likely I think).

I'd love to know if anyone knows not only of T&L demo's, but EMBM demo's. I d'loaded MechWarrior4, but couldn't really see anything special. So far, only the Radeon demos showcase the spectacular EMBM effects.

I'd love to have more....???

------------------
    Those who fear the facts will forever try to discredit the fact finders. - Daniel C. Dennett
    Off Topic Central - Owned and Operated by HWC members

IMO, Mr. Derek Smart is a hypocrite: Only someone who is either (a) lying (b) ashamed of their products (c) just plain ashamed, would hestitate to give out some simple and straight forward information. - Derek Smart, Ph.D.

By EBM I meant Emboss Bump Mapping (which the GF2 supports, n'est pas?). It doesn't look anywhere near as good as EMBM, although I've seen some pretty good implementations (eg in the nVidia demos).

Environment Mapped Bump Mapping is really something special... one of things that made me choose the Radeon over the GF2. When I first saw that G400 demo a while back (remember that?) I was blown away.

THERE ARE RADEON TECHNOLOGY DEMOS???!!! I DIDN'T KNOW THIS.. WHERE? GIMME, GIMME, GIMME!!!... (please )

MuFu.

[This message has been edited by Mutha Funker (edited 02-03-2001).]

A friend of mine has the 64M vivo, and I've seen a Radeon demo that came with the card and it is really good.
    Its a space ship version of Noahs Ark. And it shows off all the capabilities of the Radeon card, looks pretty stunning! especially the Enviroment bump mapping.

------------------
    P3 800e @ 1 Gig with Alpha PEP66 (YS-Tech fan: bloody noisy)
    BF6 Mobo
    Geforce2 GTS
    256M PC133 Crucial
    TurtleBeach Santa Cruz
    Iiyama VisionMaster Pro450
    Xp1800
    Soltek DRV5
    Corsair PC2700 cas2
    GF4 Ti4400
    Santa Cruz
    Barracuda IV
    Hollywood+
    Iiyama Pro450

Okay... I just found a few here:
    http://www.ati.com/na/pages/resource...sdk/radeonsdk/

They're mostly simple tech demos. That Noah's Ark thing sounds cool.

MuFu.

You should see how long it takes for the thing to load!
    Its not a short demo, and you get to see all the various effects applied. And you get to play with them a little bit.
    When I tried X-Isle on my GTS I was very impressed, but this Radeon demo really is the biz, you should see the bump mapped floor shown as a reflective surface.

PS. needs a quick cpu to make it all fluid.

------------------
    BF6 Mobo
    Geforce2 GTS
    256M PC133 Crucial
    TurtleBeach Santa Cruz
    Xp1800
    Soltek DRV5
    Corsair PC2700 cas2
    GF4 Ti4400
    Santa Cruz
    Barracuda IV
    Hollywood+
    Iiyama Pro450

...duh! The demos are just source code for the Radeon SDK. Bummer. Better start downloading it now (on my 'mo-dumb') so I'll have it by Christmas.

Next... Google > search for "Kickass Radeon Ark Demo-Type Thingy". Fingers crossed...

MuFu.

[This message has been edited by Mutha Funker (edited 02-03-2001).]

http://www.ati.com/na/pages/resource...onProjTex.html

Bottom picture

------------------
    BF6 Mobo
    Geforce2 GTS
    256M PC133 Crucial
    TurtleBeach Santa Cruz
    Xp1800
    Soltek DRV5
    Corsair PC2700 cas2
    GF4 Ti4400
    Santa Cruz
    Barracuda IV
    Hollywood+
    Iiyama Pro450

If ya need proof then check these out:
    http://www.bench-house.com/video/ati...n_sdr_002.html

Esp this one: http://www.bench-house.com/video/ati...32sdr/embm.jpg

------------------
    BF6 Mobo
    Geforce2 GTS
    256M PC133 Crucial
    TurtleBeach Santa Cruz

[This message has been edited by Gasman (edited 02-03-2001).]
    Xp1800
    Soltek DRV5
    Corsair PC2700 cas2
    GF4 Ti4400
    Santa Cruz
    Barracuda IV