ELSA Gladiac GTS 32MB or Radeon 64MB DDR....which one (same price)?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: ELSA Gladiac GTS 32MB or Radeon 64MB DDR....which one (same price)?

ELSA Gladiac GTS 32MB or Radeon 64MB DDR....which one (same price)?

those are the choices. My TNT2 (non-ultra) just isn't cutting it anymore.
    both are about the same price now...actually the RADEON 64MB DDR (retail) is about $10 cheaper at $180.

Mostly I play games like Q3, Unreal Tourn., and more recently, ALICE, Star Trek Voyager and The SIMS.

*32 bit on all games.

so which card would you guys choose?

I've read up on both already, and am still undecided.

I only have a classic 800 Athlon, so I don't think there's a good enough reason to wait for the NV20, when the two cards above will more than suffice for my setup.

256MB RAM
    Athlon 800 (slot-A)

Thanks!

You know, I've seen some damn long descriptions of where people live, and I was just wondering how freakin' long of a location they actually allow you to write in here. Looks like it's quite a bit. Oh well, if the space is here I'll use it!!! :)
    Are you a hard core gamer (i.e. that's pretty much all you do with your computer)? Do you play a lot in LAN parties? Are you concerned with being the best on-line player bar none?

If the answer to all of these questions is yes, then consider the GTS.

If you love games because they're cool, and you use your computer for other stuff, and if 5fps won't really matter to you, then get the Radeon. With that card in 32bit at high resolutions, it'll be about the same speed as the GTS.

The GTS has the advantage (a sizeable one) in 16bit lower resolutions where hard core gamers live.

------------------
    Those who fear the facts will forever try to discredit the fact finders. - Daniel C. Dennett
    Off Topic Central - Owned and Operated by HWC members

IMO, Mr. Derek Smart is a hypocrite: Only someone who is either (a) lying (b) ashamed of their products (c) just plain ashamed, would hestitate to give out some simple and straight forward information. - Derek Smart, Ph.D.

Anitdaisu Guest
    what are you talking about tnt2 not cutting it anymore? my TnT2 performs flawlessly in 1024x768 32 bit color and I have a T-Bird 750MHz. But that depends on how high a resolution you play @. Anything above 1152x864 is the Ge Force 2 territory ..GTS that is

------------------
    Stop Trying to Hit me and HIT me

good point outside LI. yes, I do use my computer for many more things besides games. however, when I do play, I really like to see the games at the speed/detail they were meant to be at.

my TNT2 is fine at 16 bit, but I've seen other systems at 32bit and gameplay and detail are significantly better with the newer/faster cards, IMO.

not so concerned about FPS as long as it isn't low enough that gameplay is sacrificed. What I'm really looking for is OVERALL richness in graphic quality on both the 3D/2D, at 32bit.

...hhmmm, I guess I should read up some more.

Thanks again.

Both of those cards are decent cards. I have had many Nvidia-based cards (TNT, TNT2, and GF2) with no problems so that is obviously the way I would go. I currently have a GF2 MX with a 700MHz Athlon and it works great with everything.

------------------
    If pro is the opposite of con, What is the opposite of progress ?

I for my self am geting the Redeon 64DDR this monday. the redeon 64 is faster then the 32 GTS but not faster the the 64 GTS.
    Im talking about 1024X768 and high detail witch use the extra ram on board.

You know, I've seen some damn long descriptions of where people live, and I was just wondering how freakin' long of a location they actually allow you to write in here. Looks like it's quite a bit. Oh well, if the space is here I'll use it!!! :)
    Since you're looking for an all around card, go with the Radeon. Since DX8 is out and upcoming games will be using those instructions, the Radeon's looking better and better.

------------------
    Those who fear the facts will forever try to discredit the fact finders. - Daniel C. Dennett
    Off Topic Central - Owned and Operated by HWC members

IMO, Mr. Derek Smart is a hypocrite: Only someone who is either (a) lying (b) ashamed of their products (c) just plain ashamed, would hestitate to give out some simple and straight forward information. - Derek Smart, Ph.D.

Thread Information