Refresh rate is too low. Q71 + Herc Geforce mx
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Refresh rate is too low. Q71 + Herc Geforce mx

Refresh rate is too low. Q71 + Herc Geforce mx

Hi I have a optiquest q71 & hercules geforce mx card. Both are supposed to accept higher refresh rates then the 75mhz that I currently have it set too. Windows will not allow me to increase the refresh rate past the 75mhz ceiling, this is resultin in an occasional screen shake which is getting very annoying. any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Jeff

------------------
    Me and my brother used to say that drowning in beer was like heaven. Well he's not here now, and I got a soaker. This ain't heaven this sucks.

Bob McKenzie
    I once killed a man just to watch him die, then I got distracted and missed it all.

You could install the INF for the Optiquest and see if that helps. Link for download:
    http://www.viewsonic.com/support/index.cfm

Cheers.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

I changed my adapter to a General Timing formula from auto-detect and that appears to have solved the problem. anymore thoughts on what it might be though if it returns

------------------
    Me and my brother used to say that drowning in beer was like heaven. Well he's not here now, and I got a soaker. This ain't heaven this sucks.

Bob McKenzie
    I once killed a man just to watch him die, then I got distracted and missed it all.

I have the same problem as you, thewrongguy. Same video card and all but instead, I have a ViewSonic E771. I also couldn't get the refresh rate higher than 75Hz.

Where did you go to change the adapter to General Timing formula?

Thanx
    -Anthrax
    Intel Pentium 4 2.53GHz
    Asus P4S8X
    Corsair XMS 512MB PC2700
    Nvidia Geforce FX 5900
    Sound Blaster Audigy
    SIIG Ultra Wide SCSI
    Samsung 192T LCD
    Creative Inspire 4400 4.1
    Antec True430 PSU
    Thermalright AX-478 CPU Fan
    Cooler Master ATC-201 Case

its under the video cards properties option if you have the nvidia reference drivers. I think I solved the problem though, hercules released a windows ME patch (along with 98 ones I believe), I used those and it appeared to clear up to screen shake (2 days and counting). but it still wont go above 75mhz refresh speed. I've looked at some aftermarket powertools stuff that boosts the refresh rate up to 85, but the monitors onboard refresh reader still says about 75

------------------

Bob McKenzie

You can set a refresh rate setting utility that overides everything:-
    www.3dfiles.com

Athlon XP 3200+, TT Silent Boost (its rubbish as well as loud) Gigabyte nForce2 mobo (stable but lacks tweaking options), GF4 Ti4200 128mb, Lian-Li V2000

Thread Information