DXR3 Card and SVIDEO wont work
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: DXR3 Card and SVIDEO wont work

DXR3 Card and SVIDEO wont work

I have a PCD DVD Encore 12x w/ dxr3 card. I have hooked up an svideo cable to the tv out on the card and run it to my switch box which sends it via rca to my vcr and on to my tv. I cannot get any images to appear on my tv. The box works with other products, just not the dxr3 card. I had lost the svideo to rca converter that came with the card and bought this as a replacement thinking the svideo cable would work(since the book says you can use your own svid cable).

Does anyone have any ideas what I can do to make this work. I have had a fair amount of problems with this piece of equipment.

In case it matters, my resolution is set at 1024x768, and i tried dropping it down to 640x480, still no success.

Are you are you changing the output from PC moniter to T.V.? I also have the DXR3 Card along with the Creative 6X DVD. I believe the output will only work when you are watching DVD's. Like I said earlier in the DVD program you get from creative you can change the output.
    AT7 MAX 2 - T-Bred 1730@ - 12X194=2332mhz - 512mb Corsair XMS 3200 - Chaintech Geforce 4 320/730 - 4 WD 120JB Raid 0 striping - SLK-800 - Enermax 550watt

I've changed the output type, and that doesnt work. For the fun of it, I even outputted to a wide screen tv setting, with still no luck. Back when i had the svideo to rca converter i could play and output mpg's and the like to the tv.

I don't have any other idea's.
    AT7 MAX 2 - T-Bred 1730@ - 12X194=2332mhz - 512mb Corsair XMS 3200 - Chaintech Geforce 4 320/730 - 4 WD 120JB Raid 0 striping - SLK-800 - Enermax 550watt

I figured it out. Just for your nfo, a svideo cable has 4 pins. the tv out on the dxr3 has 7 pins. The 4 fits, but it wont work. you have to get their 7 pinner and convert it from there.

Personally, thats a load of crap, but ohwell. Thanks for trying.

Thread Information