Unreal Tournament on TNT
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Unreal Tournament on TNT

Unreal Tournament on TNT

I have a P2 266, 64MB RAM, and a TNT PCI. If I want to play Unreal Tournament on this machine, should I install anything other than the 436 patch? What renderer should I use? Any tips would be appreciated.

LL

------------------
    And so, my fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country.
    John F. Kennedy (1917-1963)

I'm not sure but I think the original TNT card are under the list of "If you have this card use the software renderer instead." I may be mistaken but I think that's right. My opinion: Get a cheap Voodoo3 or a TNT2 (not M64) because with that video card, UT will run like garbage. I actually ran UT at playable framerates (25+) with my old P200, 64MB RAM, and a Voodoo3 2k. Your machine is definetley capable of running UT decently, just not with that video card.

------------------
    P3 866mhz
    256mb RAM
    3D Prophet II MX
    SB Live! Value
    running 6.31 Detonators
    and DX8
    5209 3D Marks @ 1024x768x16
    If pro is the opposite of con, what's the opposite of progress?

Actually, right now I have it on Direct3D, 800x600x16, medium/medium textures, disable dynamic lightening. It works perfectly. If I enable dynamic lightening I have to drop to 640x480.

Unreal Tournament recommends Direct3D and it says that the NVIDIA TNT PCI is supported.

I am thinking though of upgrading to a cheap TNT2 PCI.

Thanks,

LL

------------------
    And so, my fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country.
    John F. Kennedy (1917-1963)

I put together a sys for a friend using a Viper550 (TNT 1), installed the UT demo and it ran great.

He now has the full ver (GOTY... 4.36 patch) and he says it runs with absolutly no problems.

------------------
    FLASH
    :-)

Thread Information