QUESTION FOR SONEJI
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: QUESTION FOR SONEJI

QUESTION FOR SONEJI

Hello soneji;
    This is "NEWBIE" eagl. I've read replys about 3dfx cards and was wondering how much you know about installing one? I have a new Pentium lll 533, 128mb, 52xcreative cd-rom, windows98SE. My problem is getting taken By the PC store who was supposed to install seperate sound, video and or graphics card. They installed an integrated motherboard. Anyhow a friend 3 thousand miles away sent me a 3dfx VooDoo3 card for Xmas but I'm having problems getting it to work when I install it. Always end up with a black monitor except for this message;
    "If you can read this message, Windows has successfully initialized this display adapter.
    To use this adapters as part of your Windows desktop, open the Display option in the Control Panel and adjust the settings on the Settings tab."
    - (this - mark is a blinking cursor)

I can't get anywhere after this and have to reconnect my monitor in the original place so I can use my PC. I've since uninstalled everything and took the card out of the PCI slot. I'm very new to all of this and if you can help please send me simple to understand step by step instructions via email and give me your email as well if you're comfortable with that. Thanks newbie eagl.

------------------
    eagl
    The more I learn, the less I know.....

My Beerology
    My Heatware

I know this question was for soneji but, have you tried disabling the onboard video in the bios, as you have to do this first.

------------------
    Athlon 700@800 with VOS32+
    Abit Ka7-100
    Enlight Midi Tower with lots of Air cooling and Enermax 330w PSU
    Asus V7700 Pure 32mb GTS
    128mb PC133 Crucial cas2
    30.7GB IBM 75GXP ATA100
    Pioneer 16x DVD
    17" Sony Trinitron 210ES
    SB Live 1024
    Cambridge Soundworks - Four Point Surround.
    XP @ 2.3Ghz (210xx11)
    NF7-S v2
    1GB PC3500
    Rad 9800pro @ XT
    CM101B
    Hitachi 17" 16ms TFT

Thread Information