Quality Sub $200 VCard ($130 US)
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Quality Sub $200 VCard ($130 US)

Quality Sub $200 VCard ($130 US)

I'm looking for a good sub $200 CDN (130 US)Video card to replace a v3 3000. Any suggestions?, or do you think that I'll be suited well enough with my current card.
    I'm running a 700 duron with 128 pc133 (my merry christmas build). Thanks for your time

by the way the price is really a vague area, anywhere in an abouts their is alright, but dont go nuts I work for my money

Jeff

------------------
    Me and my brother used to say that drowning in beer was like heaven. Well he's not here now, and I got a soaker. This ain't heaven this sucks.

Bob McKenzie
    I once killed a man just to watch him die, then I got distracted and missed it all.

To further solidify my stinginess I'd like this video card to last as long as possible before an upgrade

------------------
    Me and my brother used to say that drowning in beer was like heaven. Well he's not here now, and I got a soaker. This ain't heaven this sucks.

Bob McKenzie
    I once killed a man just to watch him die, then I got distracted and missed it all.

In my opinion you have 2 choices. Voodoo3 for ~$60-80 US. OR the Hercules Geforce2 MX for ~$140 US. I would go for the MX if you can afford it. the V3 is already a 1yr+ old and doesnt perform nearly as good as the MX. I have both so I can see a huge difference. The V3 doesnt perform too bad, so if you want to go that route youd save money up front (overclock it) but in the long run, you'll have to buy another card sooner. Those are my favorites, perhaps someone else would have more ideas.

------------------
    -----------
    -----------

Thread Information