1 long beep & 3 short beeps
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1 long beep & 3 short beeps

1 long beep & 3 short beeps

I bought a Creative GeForce 256 32M. I get one long & 3 short ones My m/b is a SY 6VBA 133 (via chipset). I get the same error code when I put it in my SY 6BB (440 BX). Both m/b have 16M tnt cards, 2x enabled w/D3 drivers????? Bad card
    Thanks

Also, the fan does not even come on.

[This message has been edited by orion13 (edited 01-09-2001).]

Learn from the mistakes of others.
    You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

Deanril Guest
    Ok man,Pop that GeForce back in,but you need to look REAL damn close,and make sure its in all the way,look at the contacts make sure that card is bottomed out in that motherboard,your beebs mean no video/video card problem.

Again I cant stress enough you need to bottom the card in the board all those contacts need to be in the AGP slot,look real close!

Deanril Guest
    Where is Weaverville,I live in Roseville,which is in SAC.Damn Ville's up here in norcal,lol

originaly from Los Angelos !!

Its buried to the hilt. I'm bending the sh*t outa my m/b. Still same beeeeeeeep beepbeepbeep.
    Weaverville is in the mtns, 1hr west of Redding.

Deanril Guest
    Try to pull all other cards out,and only have GF256 in there,disconnect all drives aswell.

If all drives and things that are powered are diconnected and it fires up,I say not enough power=power supply,if other cards pulled out and fires up,IRQ or something problem re arrange them,also make sure you didnt bump your ram or some other cards,and dislodged them slightly,basicly checck all connections and bottom all cards out,after pulling them.

And if possible try card in another agp machine.

I will try pulling my cards to check the pwr. I've already tried it it both my systems and both systems work fine w/tnt card when put back in.
    Thanks

Deanril Guest
    If you get that sucker going you are going to love it,compared to your old card,it will FLY>>>>>>>

Ok, just the m/b, cpu, mem, +GeForce = 1 long + 3 short beeps. Switch cards....same setup and it posts fine.

I've heard about T&L. I've been playing Alice w/ the TNT. I can't wait to see it w/the GeForce

Deanril Guest
    hmmmm,I say post some more questions,and wait till tommorow,someone here may have an answer,bios update or something,yeah that would be your best bet,wait for more experienced(with your paticular setup) people.

Deanril Guest
    Well wait minute,looks like two different motherboards,one with via and other with intel chipset,if both have atleast a 250 watt power supply then Fu** it: bad card

My via m/b is in a ATX case(250w). My bx board is in a 5 yr old AT case(???w). I've check the GeForce & TNTs on both m/bs w/the bare minimums(m/b,cpu,vid card,and mem. TNTs post, GeForce beeps and blank screen. My buddy has a pc I can check it in, or should I just send it back(30 day warr)?

Try Looking Here>>>> http://www.randomc.com/~dperr/beepcode.htm

------------------
    Help me get this Boot outta my azz!!!!
    Help me get this Boot outta my azz!!!!

The only time I get the beeps is when the GeForce is in. No matter what I do, it beeps. Unless I put my old TNT back in, then it works fine. I know its something to do w/ the card. But what. Do I have enough power, or is the card dead? Does anyone have any more ideas?

Sometimes, video cards have a little "foot" next to the AGP connector. In some cases, it has prevented the card from fitting in completely, due to components being placed near the AGP slot. The Dremel tool is usually the first thing AGP cards see after I've tested them.
    Also, something to try is to remove the metal bracket on the card; that has interfered also in some cases.

Found the problem! No, it still beeps like h#*@ But...now I know why. It has a toasted circut. #C157 to be exact. Not easy to see. Just happened to look right at it when I was putting back on the bracket.

Thanks to everyone for the help

------------------
    PIII 650e@866

Thread Information