samsung monitor better than sony!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: samsung monitor better than sony!

Hybrid View

samsung monitor better than sony!

.20 pitch 1600x1200@75hz
    flatter then the sony
    and better quality
    16.1 viewable area!
    128MB
    Duron700 Running@ 900
    IBM 30GB HDD
    Sonic-Fury SoundCard
    Geforce2 MX
    Phillips 107T Monitor
    WIN2K

It is worth noting that Samsung likes to mislead people by measuring their dot pitch horizontally instead of diagonally like most other manufacturers.

Samsung ".20" dot pitch monitors are actually .24 dot pitch when you compare apples to apples.

------------------
    what?

Deanril Guest
    Its hard to say without a first hand look,like in a store,even then they put some stupid screensaver or something and you cant tell how good the monitor is anyway.

I know the Samsungs are cheaper,and I know the best place to buy them www.onvia.com their price includes shipping and with the 19" they have a $30 rebate.

So for around $308 you can have a pretty nice Samsung with a .20(.24-.26 actual) flat screen monitor.

Better??? I think not,but cant back it up.

I have however seen KDS Flat screens with sony's FD Trintron and it would be hard to beat,they are Truely increadable,so increadable I have one comming tommorow or the next day.

21" Flat trintron .24 2048x1536 yeah baby!!!

I have the above described Samsung 700IFT and I would have to agree that it is better than Sony. I have looked at the two side by side and the Samsung just looks much better. Also, about half the price. That high res and refresh rate can't be beat as well.

------------------
    Gimme my TriLevel Cache
    Modded Matrox Parhelia 128mb Retail
    AGUIA Y TBRED 1700+@2ghz
    Epox 8K3A+

i'd take a mitsubishi DiamondtronTF CRT over a sony FD trinitron any day of the week, and so would most of the graphic designers i have worked with. but, i would still hesitate on calling ANY monitor better than another based soley on specs. YA GOTTA SEE IT TO BELEIVE especially with monitors.

------------------
    if i were smarter, i'd have a clever signature
    reincarnated from myklpaso reincarnated from never2muchRAM

yes I am I again.

I'd agree with those statements.

...and I am a graphics professional myself for whatever that's worth.

------------------
    what?

The Samsung is just a fantastic monitor for the price, even if you consider Sony to be better. My view is that it is both better and cheaper.

------------------
    Gimme my TriLevel Cache
    Modded Matrox Parhelia 128mb Retail
    AGUIA Y TBRED 1700+@2ghz
    Epox 8K3A+

which Samsung are we referring to? The Syncmaster 955DF looks pretty good....just stay away from higher res 1600X1200, monitor reportedly can only handle up to 68Hz! Very tempting though.....$267 less $30 rebate if purchased before Dec 31st. Pretty good deal for a Flat 19" monitor! Probable not as spectacular as an FD Trinitron or Diamondtron CRT, but about $200 cheaper for those of us on a budget!

------------------
    Apex MidTower w/250W P/S
    Tyan Trinity 400, Rev. 4, BIOS 1.07
    FC-PGA 500E @ 700(5 X 140 @ 1.7V)
    MS 6905 Rev. 2 Master Slocket
    Global Win FKP-32
    Micron 128MB PC100 @ 140 (Cas3) SDRAM
    Xentor32 TNT2U @169/185
    15.3GB DiamondMax Plus 40, ATA66, 7200rpm HDD
    SBLive! Value
    FPS-1000
    Windows '98FE
    DirectX 8.0 Beta

You know, I've seen some damn long descriptions of where people live, and I was just wondering how freakin' long of a location they actually allow you to write in here. Looks like it's quite a bit. Oh well, if the space is here I'll use it!!! :)
    never2much and BF, you guys make me feel a little better about my recent monitor purchase - 22" Iiyama i20A, which has the DiamondtronTF CRT. I did all the research I could, and it seems reviewers draw straws as to which monitors are good and which are bad. Some reviews proclaimed the Iiyama as the best looking monitor they had ever seen, hands down, while others declared that it is one example of when a high price doesn't guarantee decent performance.

I was a little uneasy about going ahead and making the purchase, but I'm glad to hear from guys in the know that it is at least a quality product.

Thanks for making me sleep better at night.

------------------
    Those who fear the facts will forever try to discredit the fact finders. - Daniel C. Dennett
    Off Topic Central - Owned and Operated by HWC members

IMO, Mr. Derek Smart is a hypocrite: Only someone who is either (a) lying (b) ashamed of their products (c) just plain ashamed, would hestitate to give out some simple and straight forward information. - Derek Smart, Ph.D.

Originally posted by outside looking in:
    never2much and BF, you guys make me feel a little better about my recent monitor purchase - 22" Iiyama i20A, which has the DiamondtronTF CRT. I did all the research I could, and it seems reviewers draw straws as to which monitors are good and which are bad. Some reviews proclaimed the Iiyama as the best looking monitor they had ever seen, hands down, while others declared that it is one example of when a high price doesn't guarantee decent performance.

I was a little uneasy about going ahead and making the purchase, but I'm glad to hear from guys in the know that it is at least a quality product.

Thanks for making me sleep better at night.
    thanks kinda what i have found too. no one ever seems to agree on what monitors are good, let alone which is the best. that's why i always say, hey, the proof is in the pudding. go look at a bunch of monitors and pick which one looks best to you.

as far as sleeping at night, i guess your not a "real" computer nerd then, hunh? don't "real" computer nerds stay up all night and hack the pentagon or something?

------------------
    if i were smarter, i'd have a clever signature
    reincarnated from myklpaso reincarnated from never2muchRAM

yes I am I again.

well i ended up bying a phillips 107t21 because it has lightframe
    128MB
    Duron700 Running@ 900
    IBM 30GB HDD
    Sonic-Fury SoundCard
    Geforce2 MX
    Phillips 107T Monitor
    WIN2K

yes, but light frame monitors are generally good, I read that lightframe is particularly good tho.

------------------
    ...and the 8th and final rule, if this is your first night, you have to fight.
    Main PC: A64 3200+ | 1024MB Kingston RAM (Dual Channel) | WD 160GB | Seagate SATA 160GB w/NCQ | Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe | Connect3D ATi X800XL Pci-E | Coolermaster ATC-710 case | Antec NeoPower 480w PSU | Toshiba 27wl46 27" TFT

HwC member's gallery - Upload your picture here

Team HwC Folding@Home results - Find out how to sign up here!

this is all because u guys do not have a sony mon and u are jellus

only joking

no seriously sony r the best mon's around i've got one (g200) and it is gr8 can not go wrong got to admit though they r a bit expensive but u pay for the brand

------------------
    go to http://pub24.ezboard.com/bultrabytecomputingforum
    allways happy to help

Thread Information