GeForceMX Twinview
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: GeForceMX Twinview

GeForceMX Twinview

OK, my Elsa GladiacMX apparently has twinview according to the drivers (you can enable/disable it).

1. What is TwinView? My conception of it was a dual monitor card.

2. However, my card only has one analogue output on it, and nothing else.

So does my card really have twinview?

------------------
    ...and the 8th and final rule, if this is your first night, you have to fight.
    Main PC: A64 3200+ | 1024MB Kingston RAM (Dual Channel) | WD 160GB | Seagate SATA 160GB w/NCQ | Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe | Connect3D ATi X800XL Pci-E | Coolermaster ATC-710 case | Antec NeoPower 480w PSU | Toshiba 27wl46 27" TFT

HwC member's gallery - Upload your picture here

Team HwC Folding@Home results - Find out how to sign up here!

There are versions of the Geforce 2 MX that do have twinview. An example would be the Leadtek Geforce 2 MX DH Pro. Since NVIDIA has unified Detonator drivers for its cards, it seems that the option for Dual Head would be there, but would do nothing on your particular card. On the cards with TwinView it would invariably serve a particular function.

------------------
    Gimme my TriLevel Cache
    Modded Matrox Parhelia 128mb Retail
    AGUIA Y TBRED 1700+@2ghz
    Epox 8K3A+

Twinview is the really the ability to drive two displays independantly. They don't necessarily have to be analog CRTs.

If you only have one analog CRT output and no TV out, DVI out, or second analog CRT out you don't really have twinview capability. The Geforce 2 MX itself supports it but lacks the physical connection.

I thought the Elsa came with TV out? Or maybe you can but the little daughter card that snaps into the female pinouts that are next to the GPU.

------------------
    BP6, P3-700@770 (for now), 320mb, Creative TNT2U@175/220
    BP6, P3-700@770 (for now), 320mb, eVGA MX Plus (dual CRT), waiting for VIVO module

i have one that has twinview.. one analog output and on s-video output.. i was wondering if there is s-video to analog converter and also if there is a s-video to composite converter...

------------------
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein

s-video to composite=yes
    s-video to VGA=no

------------------
    Gimme my TriLevel Cache
    AGUIA Y TBRED 1700+@2ghz
    Epox 8K3A+

where would i find one of those?? everybody tells me to go to my nearest radio shack.. they don't have it!!! but there must be somebody that has it

can anybody lead me to one thank you.. i have a geforce 2 mx and also a tnt2 ultra

------------------

Any specialized audio-video store should have an adapter that goes from S-video to RCA. Just ask for it. National Camera and Video should have it, as well as Radio Shack, just to give you examples.

------------------
    Gimme my TriLevel Cache
    AGUIA Y TBRED 1700+@2ghz
    Epox 8K3A+

hmm... i went to radio shack and they didn't have anything.. they had normal rca to cable converter but no s-video to rca, can you lead me to a web site or something like that?

------------------

Check out this link: http://www.svideotorca.com/videoware/svideorca.html

------------------
    Gimme my TriLevel Cache
    AGUIA Y TBRED 1700+@2ghz
    Epox 8K3A+

Thread Information