Vertical Lines.. Any ideas?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Vertical Lines.. Any ideas?

Vertical Lines.. Any ideas?

I woke up this morning and powered on my monitor. I come to find some weird vertical lines. They are spread out and well I can't figure out why I get them? I installed the monitor drivers so we will see if I get them again, but its weird!

JW

------------------
    Oh my god! I came back!

Visit my webpage, if ya live in NY, or abroad.. Webcam, Forecasts, and other stuff..
    New York Weather
    There are experts in many fields, but one thing is certain. You don't have to be an expert to speculate.. So speculate on!

what kind of video card do you have?

check out this thread - similar issue
    http://discussions.hardwarecentral.c...ML/011710.html

I have a Elsa Gladiac. Its the geforce2 gts.

JW

------------------
    Oh my god! I came back!

Visit my webpage, if ya live in NY, or abroad.. Webcam, Forecasts, and other stuff..
    New York Weather
    There are experts in many fields, but one thing is certain. You don't have to be an expert to speculate.. So speculate on!

I have a GladiacMX

Are those vertical lines only on the sides of the picture?

How thick are they?

Sounds more like a monitor prob, than G card prob. What monitor do you have, could be running too cold or something?

------------------
    ...and the 8th and final rule, if this is your first night, you have to fight.
    Main PC: A64 3200+ | 1024MB Kingston RAM (Dual Channel) | WD 160GB | Seagate SATA 160GB w/NCQ | Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe | Connect3D ATi X800XL Pci-E | Coolermaster ATC-710 case | Antec NeoPower 480w PSU | Toshiba 27wl46 27" TFT

HwC member's gallery - Upload your picture here

Team HwC Folding@Home results - Find out how to sign up here!

It only happens in windows ME and when the monitor goes into standby. I left it on without the standby with a screensaver and no lines. I wonder if my monitor doesn't like the vid card or visa versa. Anyhow ill just turn it off when I am going away from it for a long time, otherwise ill just use the screensaver.

Jeff

------------------
    Oh my god! I came back!

New York Weather

Thread Information