OEM OR RETAIL??!?!?!?!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: OEM OR RETAIL??!?!?!?!

OEM OR RETAIL??!?!?!?!

hello all, i am going to buy the ati radeon 32mg ddr, for only 138 dollars with free shipping but its oem, does thismatter? is anything actually changed on the product, at least with this one? (by the way i dont want tv-out support anywho so hold your breath)
    will performance be different or any special features be gone????? please help cause i dont want this deal to be to good to be true, by the way heres the site if anyones intersted they have good prices!!! www.unitedmicro.com/comp_main.htm

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only difference is that you won't get the fancy box.

actually, the price you found isnt the cheapest.....if you go to buy.com, they have it for $159.95 (i hope its the same card) and you can use a $30 off $150 coupon thats currently avaliable.....(go to www.techbargains.com for coupon) yeah, its only a difference of a few dollars...but buy.com charges tax....if the place you found does not charge tax, get it there....if they do charge tax, go for buy.com...oh yeah, buy.com also has free shipping.....

heres the link to the card: http://www.us.buy.com/retail/product...255334&loc=101

------------------
    MAC= Must Achieve Corruptness!
    MAC= Must Achieve Corruptness!

Wasnt there a bit of hoo-harr about differences in clock speeds, between retail and oem. Only with radeon cards.
    I cant remember which has the faster clock, but ATI kept quiet about this, and folks was in uproar cos there vid card was not clocked at the speed stated.
    Dont know if things have changed, but if I were you I'd look very closely into this.

------------------
    P3 800e @ 1 Gig with Alpha PEP66
    BF6 Mobo
    Geforce2 GTS
    256M PC133 Crucial
    Vortex2 sound
    Iiyama VisionMaster Pro450
    Xp1800
    Soltek DRV5
    Corsair PC2700 cas2
    GF4 Ti4400
    Santa Cruz
    Barracuda IV
    Hollywood+
    Iiyama Pro450

If i remember correctly the oem card is clocked at 166MHz and the retail was clocked at 180MHz.

------------------
    Check out www.thegameguys.com

Thread Information