I have a dilemna
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: I have a dilemna

I have a dilemna

Right now I have a geforce2 MX. I am really unpleased with this card. I just got about $170 for christmas and am trying to decide what card I should get.
    1) Voodoo5 $170
    2) Radeon DDR $150 or so
    3) KYRO 64 mb $140

The voodoo5 is what i used to have and liked it very much. I just find myself questioning whether or not I should buy it what with the current situation. The radeon is good I hear, I just need some verification that I would see a performance/image quality boost. The kyro, I just threw in for the hell of it, since this 64 mb version is only $140. Im nervous about buying it because of support and compatability tho. Any opinions?
    -ram

------------------
    Yeah... bout' the only thing you wouldn't want to overclock, would be your clock...
    Unless you just want to be early all the time..
    Yeah... bout' the only thing you wouldn't want to overclock, would be your clock...
    Unless you just want to be early all the time..

The KYRO is already out?

I think I would get the Radeon, if nothing else, because you know they wont go out of business.

------------------
    If the alarm clock woke you up this morning, you didn't get enough
    sleep.
    Intel P4C 3.0Ghz
    Asus P4P800-E Deluxe
    2x256mb Corsair Value Select PC3200
    eVGA e-GeForce 6800
    WD 120gb SE
    IBM 60GXP 60gb
    Creative Labs Audigy (free)
    Toshiba SD-M1402 (12x dvd/40x cd)
    Lite-On 52x24x52 ($15 retail )
    Pioneer A06 DVD+/-RW
    ThermalTake Silent Purepower 420W PSU

aren't you forgetting the geforce 2 ddr?? for about 150 bucks.. but i would go for the radeon since u can get it for around 120 or so.. after 30 bucks coupon from buy.com...

my .02 worth

------------------
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein

I'd keep the MX and wait about 2-3 months for the Radeon64 or something else to get down to 150-175.

The reason is that you aren't making a major upgrade with any of those cards and will be right back at it again in a few months anyway.

The MX is great as far as I can tell and I am running it on a K6-3+. Not a T-bird and it still does well in any of my games.

------------------
    Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!!
    Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder.

Originally posted by arbntmare:
    aren't you forgetting the geforce 2 ddr?? for about 150 bucks.. but i would go for the radeon since u can get it for around 120 or so.. after 30 bucks coupon from buy.com...

my .02 worth

Where'd you get that coupon? I just scoured through their site and couldn't find anything about it, and I plan on buying a Radeon soon.

------------------
    goto www.etherphyte.com

Thread Information