geforce mx upgrade worth it?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: geforce mx upgrade worth it?

geforce mx upgrade worth it?

If my dad upgrades from an 8 mb no name card to a geforce2 mx, will he see a difference? The applications that he uses are mostly internet explorer, quicken, mp3 stuff, and excel.
    -ram

------------------
    Yeah... bout' the only thing you wouldn't want to overclock, would be your clock...
    Unless you just want to be early all the time..
    Yeah... bout' the only thing you wouldn't want to overclock, would be your clock...
    Unless you just want to be early all the time..

Depends what MX it is, my Herules 32MB one is real shiny in 2D and 3D, but I think it doesn't like Direct3D

------------------
    Don't look at me with that tone of voice, I've seen your type on the radio

Ultrabyte Computing Forum
    I only support two teams. Wales and everyone else England plays
    ICQ# 91149414
    AIM: AdrenelinY2K1

not really.. since he doesn't game the video card should not matter at all... if he does some gaming yes HE WILL SEE A GREAT DEAL of diff... if u wanted some 2d action get some matrox card or something...

my .02 worth

------------------
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein

I think yes,

My ELSA GladiacMX is a beauty

------------------
    ...and the 8th and final rule, if this is your first night, you have to fight.
    Main PC: A64 3200+ | 1024MB Kingston RAM (Dual Channel) | WD 160GB | Seagate SATA 160GB w/NCQ | Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe | Connect3D ATi X800XL Pci-E | Coolermaster ATC-710 case | Antec NeoPower 480w PSU | Toshiba 27wl46 27" TFT

HwC member's gallery - Upload your picture here

Team HwC Folding@Home results - Find out how to sign up here!

Like arbntmare said...he won't see a difference unless he's playing games. When doing relatively simple things like opening and closing windows, updating a word processing document, and browsing the web, any old video card will do the trick. It's when you throw the 3D graphics at it that it will faulter, and the MX card would shine. If he's not playing games, tell him to save the money for better things.
    -Keith

Thread Information