3DFX CONSPIRACY
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: 3DFX CONSPIRACY

3DFX CONSPIRACY

This was posted on Hothardware.com by Vertig0 and thought I would share it with you...

You may have seen this already, but here goes. Taken from the x3dfx.com forums.
    "Well this post is going to sound a bit hoaxy at first. Even I thought it was a little goofy and I still believe it might be false information, but I'm not shure.

understand all the facts came clear about it. Now, I'm very good at sorting out what rumors are fact and fiction. Up till now, I've successfully figured out which rumors are and are not true.
    This is going to be a bit hard to explain, but I will try to keep it so it will not loose your attention and you will fully understand what it is I am trying to get through.

About 20 minutes ago I went to several different random technical chat rooms. I will NOT give out any information as to were I went because I do beleive this people want to remain anonomyous for different reasons.

Joining the chat, I was suddenly watching words from others type onto the screen that basically said
    3DFX's downfall is a conspiracy. I thought it was a joke, but everyone else, after I had asked
    them about the situation, told me much more information to make me actually wonder about the downfall of 3DFX.

The people of this room kept ranting on about how 3DFX had a "DROPBOX". They said 3DFX knew they were going to have to sell to NVIDIA... Now remember this because I was told this was very important. NVIDIA bought 3DFX core graphics, license, products, etc. for a large amount of money.

But, a few days before selling the company to NVIDIA, they had a "gag" meeting, where as no information in the meeting would be permiited to be talked about after the meeting itself. Supposedly, in this meeting, 3DFX had broke different people into groups. Supposedly Group A, Group B, and Group C. Each one of these groups were assigned to do something. Group A to design software and tech support, Group B to design Hardware, and Group C to take care of finicial Aid and marketing for the first two groups. This meeting was held in 3DFX's main office in Texas.So, why would 3DFX break up their company into "groups" to do specific things if their company was going to sell to NVIDIA anyway, and then just dissolve later? Then, what had shocked me most was the answer to the above question was to "Recreate 3DFX under a different title, thus all the fincial Debt would be clear from the original 3DFX -- meaning although these 3 groups are re-creating 3DFX, the past problems of the original company are gone, giving these guys a fresh new start".

I still really didn't beleive much of it because there were still many unanswered questions that I had asked. Then, it hit me. I asked "Well, how can these 3 groups survive? they don't have any money to make it for more than a month."
    The answer I had received to that question was "Why do you think 3DFX decided to sell to NVIDIA.

If they would have went bankrupt, they would have lost the company forever. By selling that stuff for about $100 million to NVIDIA, it allows the older management and corporation to fund and pay these 3 groups until they have successfully regenerated 3DFX under a title". And whats even stranger.... these guys kept telling me 3DFX has just used and ripped-off NVIDIA. They outsmarted NVIDIA, using their money that they made from selling stuff to fund their "dropbox" groups in hopes to resart the company.

So, why were these guys upset? I later found out they were NVIDIOTS, and very upset at this news of 3DFX's brilliant idea.

But, what do you all think this do be fact or fiction? I really want your opinions because it sounds a bit fake, but in the same way, it sounds a bit "realistic"... Is this possible?"

------------------
    "Gordon arent you supposed to be in the test chamber's over an hour ago?"
    "Gordon arent you supposed to be in the test chamber's over an hour ago?"

Well, it all depends on how good is the source of this information. It sure does sound to be a good idea and if its true, I'm glad I've got a v card made by such clever people .

------------------
    MPH
    MPH

Too bad they apply all their cleverness into their schemes rather than developing state of the art graphics accelerators...

Well it sounds like a plan... looking foreward to seeing it happen

------------------
    A man is offered either infinite wisdom, or infinite money. He chooses the wisdom, thinks for a minute, and realizes he should have taken the money.
    It said "requires Windows 95 or better," so I installed Linux.

Jesse Thompson, there are smartpeople delegated to different duties.

Thread Information