GeForce2 Ultra and Windows 2k??
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: GeForce2 Ultra and Windows 2k??

GeForce2 Ultra and Windows 2k??

Is the performance of Windows 2ooo and a GeForce 2 Ultra up to par yet? I have a 1ghz Athlon, 256 PC-133, and 4 20.5 gig HDDS in a raid 0 configuration. The last time I set this up, it seemd like Win2k was just a bit to sluggish, but that was with me GeForce 2 64mb. I don't expect an amazing change, but I would love to finnaly run Win2k and be able to game at awesome frame rates.. Oh yeah, does DX8 help win2k out?

------------------
    -Pikachu
    -Pikachu
    PIV 2.8 @3.4
    MSI 850E-Max
    4x120gb 7200rpm HDD 8meg cache(Raid 0)
    1x100gb 7200rpm HDD (USB 2.0)
    48/25/48A PlexWriter
    16x Pioneer DVD-Rom
    VisionTek GeForce 4 ti4600
    512mb PC1066 RD-Ram
    SoundBlaster Audigy
    21" Sony E500 monitor
    Windows XP Professional

hmm.. it depends on how u install the damn thing.. its very picky installing it.. if you install in the wrong order u get 10fps and if you install it in the correct order you get a nice 60 fps at 1024x768 ut 32 bit well nice for me anywayz cause my card is only geforce 2 mx not clocked

------------------
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein

Anitdaisu Guest
    well, it should work fine, especially with the new detenator 3's (except for the 7.xx) and directx should be fine. also make sure under the api settings of your display properties that they're set to their optimum

------------------
    Stop Trying to Hit me and HIT me

Thread Information