ASUS V7700 drivers
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: ASUS V7700 drivers

ASUS V7700 drivers

Bought a v7700 card and it worked o.k. for most app's but wouldn't work for a couple of novalogic flight sims. F16MRF/MIG29. Also Janes WW2 fighters. Is this a driver issue or are the games to old for the technology? Since the demise of 3dfx which these games worked well with, where to turn? Any help appreciated.

which Driver version are you using? Try the detonator 6.49's from www.reactorcritical.com

I had downloaded the latest drivers from nvidia. I believe they are 6.13. I just found a website(www.geforcefaq.com) referenced in one of the other posts linked me to a site that is compiling a list of games that will/won't work with geforce cards. The Novalogic games appear on the list of games that won't, something about running only in software rendering mode. Not being software literate, I must plead ignorance as to what this means. Is it driver related or does it require a patch from Novalogic? Thanks for your reply, I have till today to take the card back for a full refund.

I'm not familar with those games but if they only support Glide or were originally in Glide then they may not have good D3D or Open GL support if any. You need to check for the newest patches for any game nowadays.

I Also have a Asus V7700 GTS and with the 6.49 detonators it appears to work ok in every game I've played. Please note though Nvidia cards especially the Geforce can require a certian amout of tweaking to get them working right. When you say they won't work what exactly is the problem.

Check here for some good general info Geforce FAQ

I'm using 6.49's with Direct X 8 and via 4in1 4.26 (Abit KT7 Raid)

Video and audio are choppy and resolution is very poor with no 3d rendering. Changing res does not help. Went to the site you referenced and there was nothing dealing with my specific problem other than the link I mentioned in my previous post. Thnx for ur help Bladerunner, I'm going to try to see if I can get an answer from either Novalogic or Nvidia. Have a good christmas and new year.

I have got my best results with 6.31 and directx7 I actually lost 30 points when I downloaded directx8. (3dMark)
    Kman Be sure to install that gaurt or what ever it is, off of the v7700 CD-Rom and also check your driving values in the bios. select "auto" and if that dont work try a&f or e&f... stuff like that.

[This message has been edited by Treg29 (edited 12-19-2000).]
    Tryin is the First Step Towards Failure.
    ~ Homer Jay Simpson

Thread Information