Is this a good CHOICE?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Is this a good CHOICE?

Is this a good CHOICE?

I was going to upgrade my video card and I had finally decided on either the Voodoo 5 5500 or the Leadtek Geforce 2 GTS. I have a Voodoo 3 3000 in my machine right now I also plan on upgrading my processor from a 550 to an 800. So with this all said in your honest opionion will I be happy with the Geforce 2 I have always had 3dfx cards and like them very much. Also the Leadtek card i was looking at comes with a DVD software and other stuff, the Voodoo dont. I play most games in 1024*768 res. Seems to me that the Geforce would be the better choise now that 3dfx sold out. Thanks guys hope you can help me decide. Also if I do decide to go with either card will I see much of a increse from my old Voodoo 3 3000.

WOW! Thats was fast. Well the way I look at it also. If I dont like the Geforce I can always sell it for a lose and still be able to get the Voodoo 5. Please people help me out Iam going to order one of these cards on Tuesday. Thanks again.

Umm..Geforce's dont juts "not work" in your computer. Stability problems are completely diferent. But, that is the price you pay fo r the bleeding edge of technology.

------------------
    Asus A7v
    Tbird 800
    256mb pc133
    40g ata100 Maxtor
    GF2 64mb
    Sony 5x dvd
    MP2 Decoder
    Sony 10x4x32
    SBLive
    DLink 10/100
    Win2k professional/server
    Asus A7v
    Tbird 800
    256mb pc133
    40g ata100 Maxtor
    GF2 64mb
    Sony 5x dvd
    MP2 Decoder
    Sony 10x4x32
    SBLive
    DLink 10/100
    Win2k professional/server

It should work. If there is ever a driver issue then you need to be sure to have the best drivers in there.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder.

Thread Information