Another Budget Card Question...
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Another Budget Card Question...

You know, I've seen some damn long descriptions of where people live, and I was just wondering how freakin' long of a location they actually allow you to write in here. Looks like it's quite a bit. Oh well, if the space is here I'll use it!!! :)

Another Budget Card Question...

Here's the deal. I'm putting together a monster system that can finally handle (barely) the programs I use. I'm keeping my Radeon from my current system, but the rest of my current system is going to my mom to use for word processing, web browsing, etc.

Right now, she's using a Compaq with a flat screen monitor. I know those have a different connection to the video card.

I need to order a cheap card to put in my system that is compatible with that LCD monitor. I'll be using that computer too, for some light CAD work, when I go home for holidays, so I don't want a complete piece of crap, only a partial piece of crap.

I was thinking G200 maybe, since 2D should look great. Is there a version that works with flat screens? Or are there adapters for regular video cards?

Do you guys have any other recommendations?

------------------
    Those who fear the facts will forever try to discredit the fact finders. - Daniel C. Dennett
    Off Topic Central - Owned and Operated by HWC members

IMO, Mr. Derek Smart is a hypocrite: Only someone who is either (a) lying (b) ashamed of their products (c) just plain ashamed, would hestitate to give out some simple and straight forward information. - Derek Smart, Ph.D.

Bump

------------------
    Check out jjr512.com

You know, I've seen some damn long descriptions of where people live, and I was just wondering how freakin' long of a location they actually allow you to write in here. Looks like it's quite a bit. Oh well, if the space is here I'll use it!!! :)
    Thnx Chaz, bump again.

I know it's not as fun talking about old *** video cards, but I really don't know much about the flat panel format support. Help me out guys, I'm too busy and lazy to do the research on my own.

------------------
    Those who fear the facts will forever try to discredit the fact finders. - Daniel C. Dennett

IMO, Mr. Derek Smart is a hypocrite: Only someone who is either (a) lying (b) ashamed of their products (c) just plain ashamed, would hestitate to give out some simple and straight forward information. - Derek Smart, Ph.D.

I'm not realy sure but I think that the GeForce2 MX or the All in Wonder Rage fury may work with Flat screens but I can't remember. ATI or Matrox should have something that will work though.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder.

^^^^ BUMP!!! *#$@#) ^^^^

------------------

Hey, I'd like to suggest something. Try out the Trident Blade 3D. Well, it's like less than half the price of a G200 and it does wonders. It can perform as well as a G200 and yet cost almost a third. Mine is an ELSA Winner III with 8MB. It's an OEM card I bought for just around 30 something dollars. Trust me on this one. Good luck.
    Core 2 Quad Q9550, ASUS P5QL PRO, 8GB PC2-6400, 120GB SSD, 2x1TB SATA, GeForce GTX 260 SP216

Core 2 Duo E8500, ASUS P5Q SE2, 8GB PC2-8500, 2x1TB SATA, GeForce GTX 275

Core 2 Duo E7500, MSI G41M-P28, 4GB PC3-10600, 500GB SATA, GeForce GTX 650

Pentium E6600, MSI P35 Platinum, 6GB PC2-6400, 500GB SATA, GeForce 8800GT

P4 650, ASUS P5GD1 PRO, 4GB DC PC3200, 2 x 300GB SATA, GeForce 9500GT

Go check out www.tridentmicro.com. Or www.anandtech.com to read the review.
    Oh, one more thing. It's sure to have no compatibility problem even with Socket 7 motherboards.
    Core 2 Quad Q9550, ASUS P5QL PRO, 8GB PC2-6400, 120GB SSD, 2x1TB SATA, GeForce GTX 260 SP216

Core 2 Duo E8500, ASUS P5Q SE2, 8GB PC2-8500, 2x1TB SATA, GeForce GTX 275

Core 2 Duo E7500, MSI G41M-P28, 4GB PC3-10600, 500GB SATA, GeForce GTX 650

Pentium E6600, MSI P35 Platinum, 6GB PC2-6400, 500GB SATA, GeForce 8800GT

P4 650, ASUS P5GD1 PRO, 4GB DC PC3200, 2 x 300GB SATA, GeForce 9500GT

Thread Information