Which GTS is best??
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Which GTS is best??

Which GTS is best??

I'm running a Duron 700@1032 with an old Voodoo3 3000 AGP, which is really holding the system back. I've decided that the Geforce2 GTS is the card i'll go for, but there are soo many manufacturers. Which one would be the best? Bear in mind i'll intend to overclock it to the max, probably modify it with memory sinks and a large h/sink and fan. I live in the UK, and can't seem to get hold of the Leadtek version of the card anywhere is the Asus V7700 a good choice???

cheers, 600R
    Duron 700@1100 2.1v Air Cooled - RIP

My Asus v7700 GTS has been great, (a 32mb pure version) and I'm looking to get their Ultra when THIS Ultra issue has been resolved, I may not affect Asus versions but I'd like to be sure at the cost.

Depending on what you want to pay Asus make a v7700 GTS Pro version that has 400mhz DDR ram and if you get a good one, with a little work it could beat a standard Ultra!! read the whole article HERE

I wont have a home for the Asus GTS, when I get an Ultra, so mail me if you are interested

I'd have to agree with Creator on the Creative card, since I own one myself, but there is no denying that this card ROCKS when you get it to work properly - especially when OCed. Couple that with the frequency of the updates from creative's driver department ( man they're already up to 6.34 - NVidia is still posting the 6.31 on their site -- unless you're confident about using either beta or spliced drivers), which means that the problems you have usually don't stay for long.

------------------
    If it ain't broke, make it go faster!

[This message has been edited by Sjaakie (edited 12-07-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Sjaakie (edited 12-07-2000).]
    If it ain't broke, make it go faster!

What about the annihilator2? gts

------------------
    Two things are infinite in life.. Human stupidity and univers!
    Well am not sure about the univers!
    Asus P5Q
    Intel core 2 Duo 3ghz 1333 fsb 6mb L2 cache
    OCZ Gold XTC 4GB DDR2-1066
    Asus ati3870 512mb pci express 16
    80Gig Hd Sata
    Vista Home premium

Annihilator2 GTS & Creative card = the same thing, and to be honest all them are basically the same as they all follow the reference design closely. More pricey variants are likely to use better component but it's not a guarantee.

Go for the features you want at a price you like.

[This message has been edited by BladeRunner (edited 12-07-2000).]

Thread Information