Radeon rebates
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Radeon rebates

Radeon rebates

Even though I've heard a few people complaining about little things here and there (which can be said for just about any video card), I'm fairly impressed with what I've read so far about the Radeon cards. My brother's looking to possibly upgrade his video card over Christmas (*ahem* guinnea pig) so I was thinking of maybe recommending one of these to him. The thing is, he doesn't want to ask for a very expensive card. He'd like to keep it under $150 if possible. I'm also recommending possibly a GeForce2 MX, but I don't want to get into one of those debates right now.

I've heard there is a $50 rebate for some of the DDR Radeons. I couldn't find any reference to it on their site. Is that from just a few particular stores or is that from ATI? And does anybody know if there are any SDR rebates? That would probably be a smart move on ATI's part since it would put them squarely in the same price bracket as MX cards.
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot

I may have answered my own question a bit here. I forgot about big online vendors offering discounts to first-time customers or purchases over a certain amount. Buy.com has a 32MB Radeon DDR for $162.95. They also have a $30 off coupon for any purchase over $150. So 162.95-30=$132.95. Add $5.48 for standard shipping and the total comes to $138.43. Not bad for a relatively high end card if you ask me. Still, if you know of any other rebates I'd be interested.

------------------

...(*ahem* guinnea pig)...

[This message has been edited by Shinma (edited 11-28-2000).]
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Damn i just spoke to ATI about my rebate those asholes didnt tell me at FRYS that i need the Product Bar code so i caled them up after 2 months passed and i was like where the **** is my rebate this lady (stupid one tells me we didnt recive the barcode) so i was like here the number she took it and i was like is everything ok, she said yeah you should expect a check of 30 bucks in mail.. I got pissed i asked her why 30 she said that is how much it is, but i go damn i sented the 50 dollar rebate by frys that is how much rebate is! After she told me do yo uwant 30 or nothing i was like fine send me the god damn 30 bucks and you see me nevr call this **** again! Before i hanged up though i asked her what color panties she had on lol! She got all confused and said have a nice day God damn ATI
    Alex D

------------------
    WRMMMMM
    Excuse Me! What ya said? I can't HEAR YOU
    The Real Power IS UNDER THE TOWER OF POWER
    check it out! http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscraper/save/23/index.htm

Thread Information