svga vs evga
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: svga vs evga

svga vs evga

Would someone please tell me the difference between an SVGA and a EVGA monitor. Be gentle, I am slow :-)

erg

------------------
    erg
    erg

I have never heard of an evga monitor before. Evga is a company that makes video cards and other computer hardware. I think that svga has been the standard for monitors for quite some time. VGA monitors would be the really old crappy ones that came with an old 386 or something. You really dont need to worry about the differences if you are buying a new monitor, they will all be svga. I am not a monitor expert or anything so this is just what I think the difference is. If you really need to know you might want to wait for a person more knowledgable in this area to reply.

No no, back in the ol days (pre '90s days) there was the monicrome days, the cga days, the ega days, then finally the vga days. If you have a choice, the svga monitor is better than the ega one. More colors and more resolutions.

Although I don't remember what EGA's standards were, SVSA will beat it so I would recommend that setup if you have a 'really old' system.

[This message has been edited by Huge (edited 11-22-2000).]
    Asus P9X79-Deluxe, Intel i7 3930k @ 4.2Ghz, 16gb DDR3-1600 Kingston HyperX Memory, Coolermaster Storm Trooper case, Corsair AX850 psu, Geforce 680 SLI, Corsair Model H100 w/c, Samsung 840 Pro 512gB SSD, Asus Blu-ray Writer 12x, Windows7 Pro x64

MSI GS Series GS60 Ghost-003 Gaming Notebook 15.6", Intel Core i7-4700HQ 2.40GHz (3.2 GHz), 16GB Memory 1TB HDD 128GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 2GB, 4.36 lbs., Windows 8.1 Pro

Anything can do 800x600x16 color can be called SVGA.

EGA is 640x350x16 color.

There are CGA, MDA, EGA, VGA, XGA, SVGA and all video card can do at least SVGA nowadays.

Thanks for the replies. I should have posted this link http://www.mgcusa.com/MGCUSA/product...ucts_frame.htm
    I was unsure about the wording at the very bottom of the page. Just wondering if this monitor was any good
    erg

------------------
    erg
    erg

Thread Information