Dont understand people and ATI Radeon!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dont understand people and ATI Radeon!

Dont understand people and ATI Radeon!

I dont know how many people dont get the cards stable or they are not working at all! What are you people doing to them I bought one today the 32MB DDR version and Not a single lock up or problem since i installed it and all my games played fast as hell and way better VISual then ever! I love the My Radeon on a Durnon 600@800! 256MB ram! 4xAGP enabled and Fast writes!
    So to see how good it was i like put it from 0-60MPH wiht my friends PC which is Same motherboard ASUS A7V with A 800T Bird in it and Geforce 2 GTS 32MB In 3D Mark 2000 i got higher scores by half that is how this thing was good and about the visuals oh man i am in heaven, by the way everything was the same res color depth optimizations and other stuff for both PC's! Visuals were much much better than the Nvidai counterpart oh yeah this is my first ATI product also!

------------------
    WTF?? I am just trying to help OK!
    The Real Power IS UNDER THE TOWER OF POWER
    check it out! http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscraper/save/23/index.htm

I didn't have any probs either...I guess people just like to whine.

------------------
    AMD Athlon 700@950, 1.85v on an Abit KA7-100
    Antec full tower case w/ 300W P/S
    ATi 64MB Radeon w/VIVO & an ATi All-in-wonder Pro 8MB
    Sound Blaster Live! Platinum w/ Klipsch Promedia 2.04 THX Speakers
    Pioneer 10X DVD-ROM & a Ricoh 8X/4X/32X CD-RW
    IBM 34.2GB 7200RPM hard drive
    256MB Crucial PC-133 RAM
    Lots of air cooling

Hail Styrofoam!

I fully support A Nudist's Dream
    Athy 700@950, 1.85v, KA7-100
    Home-built Plexiglas case w/300w p/s
    ATi 64MB Radeon VIVO & All-in-wonder Pro 8MB
    Sound Blaster Live! Platinum w/ Klipsch Promedias
    Pioneer 10X DVD-ROM and Ricoh 8X/4X/32X CD-RW
    256MB Crucial PC-133

or it could be that your too arrogant to understand...not all pc's are made the same!

------------------
    http://members.home.net/zachv/Cartman/Cartman.htm

I like a little cheese with my wine.

------------------
    Scott
    dfilANPARTY ut 250gb a64 3200 @ 2.52 (280 ht x 9) 2 X 512 g.sKILL PC4000 gIGABYTE 6800 gt
    Antec 430 truepower 2 Maxtor ATA133 8 MB cache Acer 52X Lite-On 1633s DVD-RW TB Santa Cruz - FPS surround LS120 O/B NIC Antec 1080 case

well they have really lousy win2k drivers and some of the flames might be people running win2k

------------------
    Visit my website!
    look for me on AIM as gosanjose or on ICQ as #46997155

The thing it is the most people rush out to install this cards just like the Nvidia products without looking at bios setups reinstalling windows or just geting driver interfereances with other cards and then they dont even pdate the drivers that is what they make them not good! probably if i didnt download latest drivers before i installed the card ias might haved some problems and all, I even reinstalled windows just in case!
    Alex D

------------------

[This message has been edited by serb2 (edited 10-24-2000).]

yeah, and ****. Install ****, yeah, no way?! ****?

I hate to inform you, but most of the people having these problems with their Radeons are the computer savvy.

------------------
    http://members.home.net/zachv/Cartman/Cartman.htm

You know, I've seen some damn long descriptions of where people live, and I was just wondering how freakin' long of a location they actually allow you to write in here. Looks like it's quite a bit. Oh well, if the space is here I'll use it!!! :)
    LOL. Not sure what that meant Zakar, but it was funny anyway.

Dunno Serb2, I'm running my Retail 64 Radeon in win2k, never had a single hiccup, looks like Yasmine Bleeth's *** (that's a good thing ) and is fast. Runs NVidia demo's beautifully. Runs games perfectly. Fastest 2D that's ever been in my machine (I notice that on CAD redraws and regens).

Maybe some people are having software or hardware conflicts??? Maybe ATi's making a few dud cards??? Maybe the drivers have a hit and miss install problem???

------------------
    Those who fear the facts will forever try to discredit the fact finders. - Daniel C. Dennett
    Off Topic Central - Owned and Operated by HWC members

IMO, Mr. Derek Smart is a hypocrite: Only someone who is either (a) lying (b) ashamed of their products (c) just plain ashamed, would hestitate to give out some simple and straight forward information. - Derek Smart, Ph.D.

serb2

One day when you have bought as many PC products as I have through the years, you may get a problem you can't solve, I've had many and some have been my own fault as I'm not perfect, but that is how you learn.

A recent one for me is a "Bios Rom checksum error" on reboot or restart whenever you change something in the bios, but only usually the first time. I had tried everything, and I mean EVERYTHING I know of to solve this only to find it is a power regulator issue with certain versions of the BE6 r2 and, (dare I say it), the Glitch Farce GTS, (no surprise there then), which also affects other boards with adjustable Vio via the bios. So am I stupid because I didn't know of this?? (and neither did Abit or nvidia at the time)

Hey hold on a minute here I am not calling no one stupid! Second i dont care what you got under your system I hate the things that people say about other cards and stuff. For example AUDSCOTT posting that Radeon Sucks post I got offended and at that time I dint have a Radeon either! All I was trying to say dont complain and brag about like this sucks and that I used to do it and now I see its not good so I am trying to tell people not to do it cause it may affect someone! Well the thing I ment by posting this post is if you have a problem with your card ask for help dont just go and say it sucks!! This was only due to AUDSCOTT but he is not so bad he just got upset and that is all!
    Anyways Have a Nice Day
    Alex D

------------------

[This message has been edited by serb2 (edited 10-24-2000).]

every system is unique. at least, every system of a HWC user. and unique doesn't always = easy to add to. My setup for the GF2 was fine, but thats not always how it goes. i think part of the problem is taking shortcuts.

------------------
    Impossible? Watch me.
    Impossible? Watch me.

OK I am back with my fast *** internet conection!
    Alex D

------------------

What I really like to laugh at are those people who have never owned an ATi card and say "don't get that, the drivers are bad"

I've heard that so many times...I've been through three generations of ATi, and I've never had any driver probs...

------------------
    AMD Athlon 700@950, 1.85v on an Abit KA7-100
    Antec full tower case w/ 300W P/S
    ATi 64MB Radeon w/VIVO & an ATi All-in-wonder Pro 8MB
    Sound Blaster Live! Platinum w/ Klipsch Promedia 2.04 THX Speakers
    Pioneer 10X DVD-ROM & a Ricoh 8X/4X/32X CD-RW
    256MB Crucial PC-133 RAM
    Lots of air cooling

Hail Styrofoam!

I fully support A Nudist's Dream
    256MB Crucial PC-133

A firend of mine dislikes his Radeon because his compaq has alot of AGP issues, where as his v3-1000 did not. Radeon, as far as I know it where designed to be in systems at, or above 700mhz. His is a 500, this could aslso be the sorce of his disliking of the card.
    One of my other friends, has tested the same card in his system, and it was a totaly diffrent card. The 4x AGP and the 1.2ghz TB under the hood made a big diffrence.
    The moral to the story is, some/everone looks for diffrent stuff in a card and some/everone has diffrent computers running diffrently, so the speed or quality of a video card can never be a rock solid figure.
    thank you, I shall continue on now

------------------
    //squag|e
    My Site
    My BIOS could beat up your BIOS!
    //squag|e
    For Sale: 2k1 Pontiac Firebird
    http://www.squaglesoft.net/car.html

Originally posted by squagle:
    A firend of mine dislikes his Radeon because his compaq has alot of AGP issues, where as his v3-1000 did not. Radeon, as far as I know it where designed to be in systems at, or above 700mhz. His is a 500, this could aslso be the sorce of his disliking of the card.
    One of my other friends, has tested the same card in his system, and it was a totaly diffrent card. The 4x AGP and the 1.2ghz TB under the hood made a big diffrence.
    The moral to the story is, some/everone looks for diffrent stuff in a card and some/everone has diffrent computers running diffrently, so the speed or quality of a video card can never be a rock solid figure.
    thank you, I shall continue on now

And it's a Compaq
    256MB Crucial PC-133

Thread Information