DIAMOND MONSTER FUSION AGP 16MB PROBLEM!!!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: DIAMOND MONSTER FUSION AGP 16MB PROBLEM!!!

DIAMOND MONSTER FUSION AGP 16MB PROBLEM!!!

I bought this card one year ago, and I still have the same problem.
    When I reboot the pc, the famous "black screen" appears,and I can`t do anything about it.
    I tried downloading new drivers, and some drivers from 3dfx.com (3dfx banshee) but anything happens.
    It works fine,but when I reboot the pc the problem starts,so I have to "return" to my old intel740 agp card...
    Please help!!!

Try going to display properties / configuration / advanced. The refresh rate must be set to default (not optimal).

Hope this helps

Thanks for your help,but it didn`t work.
    I`m still waiting for possible solutions.
    Thanks

Have you gotten the Windows 98 shutdown update? I am assuming you are using Windows 98. Make sure that "fast shutdown" is disabled. You can access that option by typing in "msconfig" at the "run" box. I beleive its under an advanced tab somewhere.

I searched for the shutdown thing,but I didn`t find it...I`ll keep searching...but I don't really think that`s the problem...
    Any other solution? Thanks

Well, I finally found the "fast shutdown",and it is disabled...so that is not the problem...HELP!!!

I had a problem like this and found the sound card conflicting with the video card....have you removed all other cards from your system and tried to boot it up to narrow the problem down?

I have the exact same card, and I've never had problems like this at all. Either it's just a defective card or there are conflicts with your other hardware.

THANKS for your help.
    I think that the problem is the sound card...I actually have the same card that came in my first pc (1996)...maybe it's that...I`ll probably buy a new one...what cheap but useful card can I buy?
    Thanx

THANKS for your help.
    I think that the problem is the sound card...I actually have the same card that came in my first pc (1996)...maybe it's that...I`ll probably buy a new one...what cheap but useful card can I buy?
    Thanx

on one of the systems I built...the pnp on my sound card wouldn't work right(would change when config was refreshed)
    To get around it I looked into device manager and found out what IRQ and dma it was using, then in the BIOS I set the PNP config for that IRQ and DMA to legacy instead of PNP. (PCI sound card in my case)

maybe that will get you around the problem.

Thankyou.
    I won`t try to solve the problem,I think I`ll just buy a new sound card...if the problem remains,well,I`ll destroy mi computer.
    And I mean it.

Thanks

I was just going to buy a soundblaster pci128,when I decided to take off the sound card and try the diamond fusion...and the problem remained!
    So it`s not a problem with the sound card...maybe it`s something with the motherboard...(soyo 6bb)
    So,I`ll buy this Rivatnt card...I posted another message about it,I`m looking for some comments...anyway...who wants a Diamond Banshee card???

Thread Information