What is the difference between Trinitron and Diamondtron?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: What is the difference between Trinitron and Diamondtron?

What is the difference between Trinitron and Diamondtron?

I'm looking for a new monitor and it seems that most high end ones use the Sony Trinitron tube, but I've seen a few monitors from manufacturers (such as Iiyama) that use the Mitsubishi Diamondtron tube. What are the differences between the two and how would you compare their performance?

None.

Diamondtron is simply the game given by Mitsubishi to the Trinitron technology it licensed from Sony. Some monitors use Trinitron tubes, others use Diamondtron tubes. Zilch difference really. If its a toss up before Trin and Diam, just look for monitor features, power regulation etc

If you want a cheap Trinitron, check out KDS. (www.kdsusa.com) The AV-195TF 19" can be found online for about $400 + 45 shipping. A complete steal for the price. 1600x1200@85hz, 18" viewable, FD Trinitron tube. A Sony or Mitsubishi branded version of the same monitor would cost over $600.

The AV7TF 17" version is similarly cheap for what you get at $224 + shipping. Unfortunately it only does 1280x1024@60hz, so unless you want a headache you'll have to stick with 1024x768. They discontinued the AV9T which has a standard Trinitron tube but does 1600x1200@75hz or 1280x1024@85hz.

I know 6 or 7 people all with KDS monitors (at least 2 of them are 195TF's) and they all really like them. They also come with a 3 year warranty from KDS. They're a complete steal if you ask me.

-Freon (saving up for an AV-195TF )
    BP6, P3-700@770 (for now), 320mb, eVGA MX Plus (dual CRT), waiting for VIVO module

Yeah that is waht i am saying i personaly like the Mitchubishy ones eventhough I dont have one but i have this CTX Monitor Trinitron Tube but its max res 1280x1024@60HZ gives me headeche! How did youknow this that it gives Freon! Anyawys i Like the KDS and I love the Syncmasters the new Flat *** screens just like sony ****! Anyways i am thinking of geting the 19" this xmas!
    ALex D

------------------
    WTF?? I am just trying to help OK!
    The Real Power IS UNDER THE TOWER OF POWER
    check it out! http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscraper/save/23/index.htm

Thread Information