what to do, what to do?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: what to do, what to do?

what to do, what to do?

I don't think my version of detonator is working well for me it is the 6.31 version detonator 3, i am getting some sluggishness still on my game. i have lowered all the settings, even the resolutions and still getting this. i have even downloaded the patch demo for soldier of fortune. there are some new versions out and want to try them also. but do i need to uninstall my current version before installing the new ones or will it overwrite the current versions automatically. Is it possible i should try out going even a lower version. Like a detonator 2 or something. just needed some advice here. thanx

What video card do you have?

Always uninstall previous drivers before installing new ones.

1-Switch to VGA/PCI adapter
    2-Reboot
    3-Delete all Nvidia files: I think they are nv*.* in Windows\Sytem BUT CHECK AND ASK FOR CONFIRMATION IN THIS FORUM!!!!
    4-Install new drivers

If you read the Detonator3 readme file, everything is described (but the deleting of nv*.*)

One question: I thought that Detonator3 are 6.18 only??!! Are 6.31 leaked drivers: if so, then it migh be possible you have problems...

I often stick with official drivers: I don't like instability issue.

------------------
    Games, games and only games
    Games, games and only games

i have the nvidia tnt2 3D card MB32. The detonator 3 i downloaded is the official one from the nvidia website. I believe it is 6.31. so you recommend not to used leaked versions of drivers. because i was planning on trying out the leaked version 6.35. How do i switch to VGP/or PCI video adapter. and couldn't i just where do i start as far as uninstalling the drivers. I am new to computers. could you give a detailed list of what i do to uninstall driver so i can install new one. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thread Information