I forgot - how do you make the GF2MX run at 2x AGP?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: I forgot - how do you make the GF2MX run at 2x AGP?

I forgot - how do you make the GF2MX run at 2x AGP?

Yep, I have a system running the AMD-751 chipset and the Prophet II MX is using 1x AGP by default. There is no option to change this setting in the display properties, so does anyone remember the registry alteration to get it working at 2x AGP?

Thanks,

USSVoyager

------------------
    Speed is everything - Warp factor 9, Mr. Sulu!

If that's anything like the via chipset you select the option when you intall the agp drivers for the mobo. For ex. normal=1x or turbo=2x for my board. Hope this helps.

Ports
    You raised in a barn? Shut the door!

Try PowerStrip it was available @ http://www.entechtaiwan.com but link is not working for me enymore.

No, no, no.

First download WCPUID from the download section of www.apushardware.com run it and click on AGP info. If 2x AGP is disabled, then you need to install the latest VIA AGP Driver - its at www.viahardware.com I think its v6.03d run it and restart your machine.

If you've got any further prob - post the question and I'll help you out. www.apushardware.com has a fantastic guide on setting up the Abit KT7 - yeah I know that its not your motherboard but its answer alot of VIA related questions such as AGPx2

Oh, and make sure you're running Win98SE, otherwise you're going have to install the .INF file manually.

I'm not sure what the hack is for the AMD751 chip, but here's the 4x AGP hack for KT133 chipset....

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\System]
    "EnableVia4X"=dword:00000001

I'm sure you can adopt it - just be careful!

Actually, ignore all that crap - I've just noticed you don't have a VIA chipset - doh!

I used WCPUID to find out the current setting, which is at 1x AGP. So, does anyone know the exact hack for adjusting the setting (I do not like going into the registry unless I know exactly what to alter)?

I am going to have a look on some search engines now for the answer, so I will post back if I find it.

USSVoyager

------------------

Hmmm checked my 751 chipset in CPUID it says 1x or 2x supported but that im in 1x. Let me know uss, and ill have a look as well.
    -rambo
    Yeah... bout' the only thing you wouldn't want to overclock, would be your clock...
    Unless you just want to be early all the time..

I changed it with powerstrip on my SD11, got about 300 3dmarks, maybe 2 fps in q3a. Still looking for a permanent thing tho.
    -ram
    Yeah... bout' the only thing you wouldn't want to overclock, would be your clock...
    Unless you just want to be early all the time..

I found the answer at www.geforcefaq.com . You have to scroll through the page, but a download of a registry alteration is available there to force 2x AGP. I haven't got round to trying it yet - I will propably give it a go today after I check for stability with Powerstrip or something else at 2x AGP. Hope this helps RAMmyBUS.

USSVoyager

------------------

Thanks Voyager - that URL was very useful. So how does it feel to post an answer to your original question !?!?!

[This message has been edited by Laggalot (edited 10-15-2000).]

Thread Information