That makes no sense!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: That makes no sense!

That makes no sense!

why is it that i was playing a game (final fantasy seven) and it was running slow on my computer. (a amd 300) when the minimum requirments were a 100 with 3d card or 133 without. it my card really that bad? then i was at my uncles he has a 233 but with a nicer video card (but not great) and the game was running faster but the graphics werent as good? shouldnt that be the other way around?
    AMD-K6 300, 64 meg ram, phoenix bios 4.0 release 6,ATI pro graphics card (atim64-VT)

Never trust the mininum requirement on any game. Go get yourself a voodoo3 and you'll be fine.

Think about what you said: the game was running faster but the graphics werent as good. He has selected video options (resolution, color depth, etc.) that are simpler in order to get a higher frame rate. You should try to do the same. The minimum requirements listed on the box are just that minimum.

------------------
    Free advice, and worth every penny.
    Free advice, and worth every penny.

Exactly...Cranking up the graphics will definately slow your game down, big time. But, through the purchase of a beter video card, you can achieve high quality graphics and a fast frame rate.
    AMD 1.4GHz (266 FSB)
    512 MB PC2100 DDR
    ABIT KG7
    45GB ATA100 Maxtor
    3D Prophet GTS 64
    Creative Labs 128
    Dell 20" Trinitron

right. flight simulator 98 runs on my pentium 200, but not at highest resolutions. when I put in the voodoo2 and go to full screen, it runs FAST. on my athlon 700 it flies at any settings .
    Impossible? Watch me.

I have FF7 and had speed trouble with it. I used to run an el-cheapo sound card. I upgraded my sound card and it made a hell of a difference in the game. Now this doesn't seem like it makes any sense but it worked just fine for me. I have much better sound quality as well.
    CPU: Athlon X2 7850 Blackbox edition o/c'd to 3400mhz
    Motherboard: Asus M2N68-AM SE2
    Memory: 4gb Kingston KVR RAM
    Video: BFG Geforce gtx 260 oc v2
    Hard Drives: 1TB Barracuda 7200.12, 500GB WD, 320GB WD, 320GB WD 250GB WD, 250GB Seagate
    Case: APEVIA X-CRUISER-BK Black Steel case
    Power Supply: OCZ 700W StealthXStream Power Supply
    Optical: 22x LG DVD R/W

Thread Information