GeForce 65 at idling - is that high ????
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: GeForce 65 at idling - is that high ????

GeForce 65 at idling - is that high ????

Hi, I just replaced the standard HSF on my GeForce with a big Socket7-Fan. I used thermal paste and thermal-proof glue ("Pattex"), I also have two old PSU-Fans blowing at the card. Case temp is 23C, room temp is 22C.
    So I'm wondering if 65C are cool when the card is not yet overclocked, still running at standard 120 Mhz.
    What are your temps ? What have I done wrong, what can I do ? Help me !

can you tell me how you got that off(the hs/fan)i got a tube of artic silver here and i want to apply it to as much as i can....i got the retaining tabs out of the thing,but it appears to be held on by a glue or something

I got the Asus V6800 Deluxe, the HSF is only attached by a clip, you can remove with your hands.

Menetekelqwest

http://discussions.hardwarecentral.c...ML/008181.html

If you read all the replies in this old thread it answers your question I think.

To sum up IMHO the original Geforce cards should never have got past beta test stage with a GPU that gets that hot. Then again Nvidia don't know the meaing of beta testing their products BEFORE release.

Are you using the Smart Doctor app to cool the GPU when not in use?? 65C is a bit hot at idle, but a bigger heatsink won't always help due mainly to the GPU's position on the card being thermodynamically upside down. Try your tower upside down for an hour to see if it makes any difference.

What do you mean you replaced it?, do you mean you replaced the heatsink with just a fan!?, because you got to have a heatsink on it!

------------------
    Athlon 700@800,Abit Ka7, 128mb PC100, 12mb Voodoo 2, 17" Sony Monitor, SB Live, Cambridge Soundworks.
    Check Out: www.selective-auto.co.uk
    XP @ 2.3Ghz (210xx11)
    NF7-S v2
    1GB PC3500
    Rad 9800pro @ XT
    CM101B
    Hitachi 17" 16ms TFT

I said HSF (heatsink/fan) so I'm using a heatsink. I'm not a jerk, am I ? :-)

Don't worry, that's normal, i have the same exact card, it's fine. I was paranoid about that also when i first installed it two months ago but i talked to a few people and they all said it's normal for that card.

Thread Information