Fps in Counterstrike
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Fps in Counterstrike

Fps in Counterstrike

I have a small problem......I have a Geforce 2 card(Hercules prophet 2)and i only get about 40 fps in CS,yet others claim to get about 65-75.Why are mine so low?I am running the game in the max screen size,1280x something.......i tried lowering to 1024,but still same results....any ideas?i am using the newest betas 6.27..........and they actually work decent for a change..

Your frame rate in CS depends on how good a ping you get. Start LAN game and check your FPS. Next join a game that gives you a ping of about 200 and check your FPS again. I get about 72 FPS on my server, but when I join a higher ping server it goes way down. There are also some tweaks you can use to improve your FPS(changing the hit speculation, etc). Go to www.planethalflife.com for guides on improving your FPS.
    BTW I am using a Voodoo3 2000 at a resolution of 1024x768x16

Found out what the problem was.......i had fsaa enabled for Open GL on my geforce2....switching that off gives me an almost constant 85+fps and when a smoke grenade is set off...i run about 50 fps......damn thats a huge hit for something i really didnt notice anyway lol

Thread Information