RADEON 64MB performance????
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RADEON 64MB performance????

RADEON 64MB performance????

currently i have Creative Annhilator Pro....now i want to upgrade my video card...

um thinking about RADEON 64MB DDR....but i have heard there is some prob with this card in 16bit....is it right??????

how this card performs as compared to Geforce2???

anyone here with 64mb Radeon...please post the benchmarks..like 3dmark2000, quake III etc.....

does radeon support TnL????

Thanks

Sorry to hear you got the CLAP. I've heard bad things about that thing. Any troubles?

The card in 16 bit is slow. Its fast and good in 32 bit.

I myself have a prophet 3d ddr. I'm lookin to upgrade too, so i guess i'm in the same boat as you. I was thinking about the GeForce 2 MX cuz of the price. I would like to get a Ultra, but thats just not in the budget.

[This message has been edited by starsky (edited 09-22-2000).]

and again because i can't do the smilies right the first, AND second time

[This message has been edited by starsky (edited 09-22-2000).]

first week with my CLAP was a nightmare
    but now its playing games smooth like silk...but not at high resolutions(in 32bit)

i cant afford ultra at 500$....

lowest price i have found for 64MB VIVO version is 270$ (Bulk)...... at ati.com its price is 399$.....129$ only for retail box!!!!!!!!!!!

I own the retail version of the Radeon 64mb DDR and must say I am quite impressed with it. First you will find that its 16 bit performance is a little lackluster but it is excellent in 32 bit. On a T-bird 800/AsusA7V/Mushkin 133 cas2 I get around 5063 @1024x768x16 on 3Dmark 2000 and around 4750 @1024x768x32. Quake3 at the same resolutions everything maxxed out I get around 80fps 16bit and 75fps 32bit. This is the first "new" card I have purchased with virtually no installation or visual problems. Not bad for a card that has only been out for a couple of months. I have not used the vivo or dvd features yet but the are supposed to be top class. Visit http://www.rage3d.com/ for more info.

Starsky,

Why go for a MX when you've got a GeForce DDR??

Performance wise you'll even fall back a bit.

Just oredered my Raedon 64 DDR this afternoon . I too, spent many hours search the web for just the right card, as I want to capture video. Got mine for $320 but it has a rebate of $30 , so I didn't think $290 was too bad . Hope to get by Tues. I am not that informed on these new cards, but looking at the reveiws , 16bit is slow, but 32 bit kicks it. Will let you know how it works out. Mark

------------------
    All good things come to those who wait!!!!

Really? I thought that the MX was between the 256 and the ultra in terms of performance.

The thing is i'm giving my GeForce 256 to my older brother (he has a V3), so the next card up was the GF2.

I myself have a prophet 3d ddr. I'm lookin to upgrade too, so i guess i'm in the same boat as you. I was thinking about the GeForce 2 MX cuz of the price. I would like to get a Ultra, but thats just not in the budget
    starsky: GeForce DDR is faster than MX in most aspects you will be downgrading ur video card.

anyway to overclock RADEON??? (except powerstrip)

Here is Anand's review of the VisionTek MX card. It is basically a middle of the road card that does not overclock very well because of slow RAM. You can judge for yourself how its speed compares.

well i havent heard or seen anything besides powerstrip that will overclock the radeon i dont think anybody ever made one it could be done but ps is wut i use and its fine with me

starsky i think the card your thinking of is the geforce pro i think thats name but not sure on this so dont take my word on it i think its a step down from the ultra but beats a gf2 but i could be wrong(50/50 chance) i thought i saw it at tomswarehouse anyway yeah the gf2 mx is a fast low cost card at only around $120 and almost ddr speed its not bad but i would keep your ddr unless u gonna get a gf2 or radeon

Ever seen scent of a woman
    Ever seen scent of a woman while overclockin
    How is it possible
    I wish there was some way
    I feel so invincible
    I'm the sculpture made of clay
    From Clayman by In Flames

http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=1281&p=29 Heres the best I could come up with.

------------------

thanks all

atlast i ordeded 64MB RADEON VIVO....i will recieve it 2morrow.....

AAARGH!!

Help me out you guys.

I promised a friend that he could buy my Voodoo3 3000 from me when he got his new computer...and that was like 3 weeks ago. He wants to start gaming...and that means that I dont have a graphics card.

Im seriously thinking of a Radeon 64MB vivo, and have read some reviews. Hehe..Im so sick and tired of this GayForce hysteria, and my favourite company 3Dfx doesnt have anything very interesting to offer.

Am I right that it performs like a GeForce DDR in 16-bit and like a GF2 in 32-bit? The "only" downside I see is that I wont gain much by switching to 16-bit...just a few fps.

SInce it has so many Directx8 "stuff", it should get even better and more valuable later on, or?

If anyone has this card plz post you impressions of it!

My system:
    Athlon 750
    128MB Pc133
    Epox K7

Radeon performs better on an Athlon than Nvidias stuff, I think...

so long muchachos.
    -----------------------
    "Oink oink, the really stupid frog said"

Thread Information